KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there mates.i am thinkin of gettin a rad guard but i am not sure if its absolutly necessary for the bike.if so,mounting it cause any cooling problems by blockin airflow?
thanks in advance...

·
Registered
328 Posts
The high quality ones won't interfere with the airflow. Depending on how bad your roads are, it could save you from expensive radiator repair or replacement. It's not necessary, but it could save you money. Of course, the high quality ones diminish the savings, because they cost more =)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I made my own with stainless steel but the mesh is quite open, I have had experience of stones hitting my bikes so a radiator with no cover is too risky for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
That looks neat and dope.
How have you added the border around mesh grill? Welded it?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh such are here also in India. But maybe if I can pull out a DIY, that would be happiness.

Buying Motorcycles and then making them yours is a totally different kind of high.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those 3 are aftermarkets,yet my quesiton is i am not sure which one let the most airflow :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I fitted this on my 2016. It's standard in some countries along with longer scoops at the sides. Also not expensive.
These are the p/n's I used...
1x 90235040000 Cowl
1x 90208061000 Cover Right
1x 90208060000 Cover Left
4x 90135032000 Grommet

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am good with the EvoTech guard that I installed. It is black in color, but looks like the orange colored one above.
it is quality and includes rubber standoffs so that it does not touch the actual radiator itself. If it touches, it will wear a hole in the thin metal in short order, in my opinion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts