KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I took my bike to KTM official garage to change my chain and sprockets as they worn out, and somehow the mechanic call me to see a leakage from the radiator. I didnt saw this before and everytime I come home with the bike I'm checking leakages and oil and collant levels and everything was okay until when I went to the garage.
Im uploading a picture of my friend's duke (its 250 and mine 390), the radiator is the same or looks the same and I circled the spot where was the leakage because I didnt pictured my bike and he is now in the garage waiting to maybe be fixed under the warranty (but I dont think it will be fixed, the bike is 2018 but still trying).
You think in this place I could fix it with epoxy glue? or only by welding aluminium/radiator professional welder?
Thank you guys, and if some of you had this problem please share with me how did you fix it.
((The leakage is right where the tube is connected to the radiator))

·
Registered
146 Posts
it's worth trying with epoxy before buying another radiator, if it works that's great, if it doesn't it should at least hold the leak back long enough until you do get a replacement radiator

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's worth trying with epoxy before buying another radiator, if it works that's great, if it doesn't it should at least hold the leak back long enough until you do get a replacement radiator
What about welding it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did you buy this 390 new? Is the warranty 2 yr/24000 miles in your country? Did you know the cooling system only holds a little over a liter of fluid and cannot really tolerate any accidental losses due to leakage?
Wow! What country are you in, Dobi?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess you could weld it if you are or know a competent welder and know that the leak area is of compatible materials to weld

·
Registered
643 Posts
How much is a new radiator?

If the bike only holds a litre of coolant, it wouldn’t take much of a leak to lose it all and ruin the engine.

ls it worth the risk of bodging the leak up with resin or similar repairs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you buy this 390 new? Is the warranty 2 yr/24000 miles in your country? Did you know the cooling system only holds a little over a liter of fluid and cannot really tolerate any accidental losses due to leakage?
Wow! What country are you in, Dobi?
I guess you could weld it if you are or know a competent welder and know that the leak area is of compatible materials to weld
How much is a new radiator?

If the bike only holds a litre of coolant, it wouldn’t take much of a leak to lose it all and ruin the engine.

ls it worth the risk of bodging the leak up with resin or similar repairs?
Got a great idea. If they don't help Dobi, let's all hop on the boats and go picket the place. Who's in?
I just afraid that it will ger worse while driving or travelling so I want to fix it. I done know how worse it could get if I just ride it normally and fill it with coolant everytime. The warrenty is ended no long tome ago, i bought it from someone in good condition, the radiator seems good and not damaged.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quite frankly, the dealer should know of a competent professional welder, who can tick all the right boxes and make a permanent repair for you. Get the estimate and report back here about how much they say, because I'm curious how this all plays out, yes. Thanx Dob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts