KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very budget conscious with my bike but don't want to waste money by being cheap.
I got my 2016 at a nice price and made minor changes for the better. New levers , quick throttle, new seat and GPR Furore exhaust at half price, lithium battery,

So now I'm thinking ECU and at least a K&N filter maybe open air box mod. The rapid bike evo seems to be the best. They also have a rapid bike easy that does less and is cheaper. I'm not making a track bike just want improved fuelling for better low end mid range power . And a cooler running which equals more reliable bike.
Does anyone have experience with the RB easy ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or the FuelX?
Just looked up the Fuel X seems really good for price considering claims by the manufacturer . Auto adapt 179 $ easy install . Any experience with the Fuel X big savings over RB evo . Any downside to it seems like there has to be or it would not be less than half the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuelx LITE is the equivalent to the rapid bike easy. The difference is the Fuelx is auto tune the rapid bike easy involves some adjustments. Honestly I don’t understand the rapid bike easy that well, they were out of stock when I was ready to buy, so I didn’t researched it that much. You should consider calling them in Florida. They are excellent in picking up phone and addressing any questions you have.
Here is a thread on the Fuelx- Fuelx lite or booster you may want to wait for feedback on how well the lite worked with all the mods that rider has.
I have stock exhaust, KN filter and the lite works really well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuelx LITE is the equivalent to the rapid bike easy. The difference is the Fuelx is auto tune the rapid bike easy involves some adjustments. Honestly I don’t understand the rapid bike easy that well, they were out of stock when I was ready to buy, so I didn’t researched it that much. You should consider calling them in Florida. They are excellent in picking up phone and addressing any questions you have.
Here is a thread on the Fuelx- Fuelx lite or booster you may want to wait for feedback on how well the lite worked with all the mods that rider has.
I have stock exhaust, KN filter and the lite works really well.
I looked into the Fuelx lite reading another thread watching some youtube videos seems good. In another thread someone mentioned its a good option if your not worried about performance. My thinking is it has to improve performance in low and midrange. The bike runs rich in higher revs so its not needed . But things like a slightly less restrictive exhaust K&N filter , Possibly open air box mod improve performance because the extra gas is already present at higher revs . Do you feel like it enhanced performance ? I have also seen where people use the fuelx and a powertronic ecu not sure why .

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just looked up the Fuel X seems really good for price considering claims by the manufacturer . Auto adapt 179 $ easy install . Any experience with the Fuel X big savings over RB evo . Any downside to it seems like there has to be or it would not be less than half the price.
Big savings because they are two different things. FuelX just adjusts the lambda sensor readings to alter the fuel map. Evo reads all the sensors and adjusts both fuel and ignition maps. Both are autotune. The FuelX Pro allows for manual override of the AFR targets - which is good if you are an engineer but potentially not so much if you don’t know what you are doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts