KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so im planning to buy a Duke 390.
I tried the Duke2020 my friend just got, and we both thinks its really jerky in 1-2 gear at low rpms, and we are both wondering to get a rapid EVO easy piggybank to atleast decrease how jerky it is... but will a piggybank ecu void warranty. the solution will be to just remove it when it need service, or if something happens, but will they be able to see if a piggybank ecu have been used?

i can live with the jerky stuff if the piggybank will be a problem with warranty.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you want a piggyback that doesn’t void warranty then choose Coober. Your other choices are - get used to slipping the clutch more, ride at a higher rev range or change the gearing a little. You will find different opinions of what is best but they all work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you're worried about the warranty just unplug it when you get it serviced. The bike is jerky, I have a Rapid Bike Easy on the way. They won't know you've had it plugged in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I will drive with it untill the 1000 km service, and will then decide what i feel about it, have a great weekend:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you might in future modify your bike ( exhaust , air filter etc ) consider Rapid Bike EVO exclusive as it will allow these types of mod without further expense .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you might in future modify your bike ( exhaust , air filter etc ) consider Rapid Bike EVO exclusive as it will allow these types of mod without further expense .
Hm, ive been looking at that one aswell, but im only thinking about buying an exhaust, so im not sure if a autotune is worth it for only a exhaust

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would have left mine alone altogether but I wanted to remove the cat . Fitted Tyga Header and rear pipework off ebay from older model bike .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve just fitted a K&N air filter and my initial impression is that it has really helped to eliminate the low rev/speed jerkiness delivering smoother power throughout the Rev range. It has also helped reduce the sudden engine braking when shutting off the throttle. For 2018-20 models you need the KT-1217 as pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve just fitted a K&N air filter and my initial impression is that it has really helped to eliminate the low rev/speed jerkiness delivering smoother power throughout the Rev range. It has also helped reduce the sudden engine braking when shutting off the throttle. For 2018-20 models you need the KT-1217 as pictured.
Do you have any piggy ecu installed as well og has the filter alone helped on the jerking?

·
Registered
712 Posts
If all you want to do is eliminate the jerky low speed throttle, just fit the Rapid Bike EASY module, it’s much cheaper than the EVO version and does a fine job of smoothing out the engine at low RPM.
In the UK it’s around £140.
My Duke 390 will now go down to 5mph in first gear and 10mph in second without having to use the clutch.
Makes it so much nicer to ride in traffic or other times when you need to ride slowly.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Wait ..... you are saying just an air filter swap eliminated the jerkiness? That makes no sense

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wait ..... you are saying just an air filter swap eliminated the jerkiness? That makes no sense
first impression Vinnie that it has helped smooth it out. When I get a chance to go back out (been raining since I put it in) will go for a longer ride through town and feedback. Check out Lightning’s response above re: rapid bike east module.
cheers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Will do, thank you!

Im really curious to see if that did fix the pulsing. I ordered a Coober system just to eliminate that jerking in 1st and 2nd

·
Registered
712 Posts
You could save a fortune by sending that back and ordering the RBE unit.

However the Coober does also claim to increase performance if that’s what you want.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Coober does not accept returns, even those that consumers should be able to do within 14 days of receiving an item within EU, because they consider their products "custom" as they upload model-specific software onto them. Hand-made or custom-ordered products are not returnable under this EU law, so they're using this loophole.

IMO model-specific software is not really the same thing as made-to-order or custom, but that's what they claim.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You could save a fortune by sending that back and ordering the RBE unit.

However the Coober does also claim to increase performance if that’s what you want.
I thought about that after reading your post. I do like the fact that Coober wont violate the warranty though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts