KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have been riding with my rapid bike ecu installed for about 200 miles now and I just received a check engine light today. Bike has been running great though. Anyone else run into this? Any way to reset it or check it. I feel like the shop will charge me just to read the code. Anything helps. Thank you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
From what I recall Lightening is your man though I don’t recall him being specific as to how you make the correction. But contact RapidBike.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I recall Lightening is your man though I don’t recall him being specific as to how you make the correction. But contact RapidBike.
Did you have an issue with check engine?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I didn’t but he did (I think it was him). Not sure if you both have the same module. I’ve had no issues yet with mine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t but he did (I think it was him). Not sure if you both have the same module. I’ve had no issues yet with mine.
Okay. Not too sure how to contact him but I will try. Thank you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Having checked the thread I see he has an Easy which has dials on it. But others with Evo commented that they also had had check engine lights. Putting all the comments together it seems likely to me that the module plays safe and dumps in too much fuel at first and then dials it back but that initial auto tune can pull an engine light. But it goes away after tripping once or twice.

Still worth doing what Lightning did and contact dimsport instead of speculating.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having checked the thread I see he has an Easy which has dials on it. But others with Evo commented that they also had had check engine lights. Putting all the comments together it seems likely to me that the module plays safe and dumps in too much fuel at first and then dials it back but that initial auto tune can pull an engine light. But it goes away after tripping once or twice.

Still worth doing what Lightning did and contact dimsport instead of speculating.

Gotcha. I reached out yesterday to rapidbike, just waiting for a reply. Hope the light will turn off soon. Where did you find that thread at? I tried looking last night. Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
I just searched for rapidbike. Turns out the thread was called something else but it can up anyway Or you can click on his profile and check his posts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just searched for rapidbike. Turns out the thread was called something else but it can up anyway Or you can click on his profile and check his posts.

Alright. Also rapidbike contacted me. They said there should be no light on and I should clear it. Does anyone know if an OBD2 scanner work for that or do I have to take it to dealer?

·
Registered
45 Posts
2018 D390, made it about 50 miles before the CEL. Waiting for an OBD2 connector to show up so I can pull the code. Bike rides fine, wondering if the RB is making it to run too rich? I’m in Denver, so the air is thinner here.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Running rich is my guess - it would be the safe option and it ties in with their advice to Lightning with the Easy. I’m speculating based on only some people having the issue is that their OEM map might have already been rich so the double hit tips it over.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2018 D390, made it about 50 miles before the CEL. Waiting for an OBD2 connector to show up so I can pull the code. Bike rides fine, wondering if the RB is making it to run too rich? I’m in Denver, so the air is thinner here.

Idle the bike for 10 mins. Turned off my light.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Strangely enough, it turned off this morning. Still going to see if there is a code in memory just go get an idea of what happened.

Idle the bike for 10 mins. Turned off my light.

·
Registered
45 Posts
pulled codes, no hard codes. I'll pull it again if it comes back. I suspect that it was running too rich and learned to correct.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Code came back.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
damonhimself,
Does your piggyback have the option to bypass the unit?
If so try this to see if the code disappears and stays away in which case the piggyback has some sort of issue.
There are many Dukers using such a unit without that problem I guess so maybe you need to exchange your unit at the supplies for one that does not have the light come up?

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it’s a piggyback with an auto tune then there is likely nothing wrong with the unit but worthwhile talking to the manufacturer. The fact that the idle reset removed the issue suggests that the issue is running rich. The factory map is adding fuel because of your location at the same time the piggyback is adding fuel.

Given previous posters with the issue which goes away and with common sense an auto tune will start rich not lean to avoid damage and then scale back as it learns. If the stock map is already rich then it makes sense that the combination triggers an error code.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the code is.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts