KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I have recently got myself used RC390, model year 2014 and it is causing me some problems.

Cold it starts normally but almost immediatly rough idle appeares which does not go away when the bike warms up. Sometimes even cuts off and becomes impossible to restart. I have to switch off the ignition and wait some time in order to start it again. The starting issue appeares as well if i accidently stall the bike.

Can anyone help please.

·
Super Moderator
1,430 Posts
A 2014 so 7-year-old bike.
How many km's has it run, do you know any service history, have you changed the oil and filters when bought, have you changed/checked the fuel filter, how old is the spark plug and is it the correct heat range, have you had the valve clearance checked, etc, etc.
If you have bought it from a KTM dealer take it back and have at least these points checked.
I would also have them renew the brake fluid front and rear.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like tight valve clearance to me.. Get the valves checked whilst at dealer.. Especially if you have a bit of miles on it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Two possibilities, clogged fuel filer, and or tight valves, or a faulty fuel pump pressure. I would recommend you start off by inspecting all three.

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts