KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.......... How do you find the powerparts seat!? I've found that I need a quick break after 50 miles or so because I cant feel my arse or legs anymore!? Feels dead comfy on short blasts though...............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be fair, only been on short blasts and it seems loads better than the standard one. Time will tell, I may have wasted money on the luggage if my arse won't hold up :)

The guy's I tour with are all smokers with a bladder the size of a peanut, so 50 miles will probably cover it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
To be fair, only been on short blasts and it seems loads better than the standard one. Time will tell, I may have wasted money on the luggage if my arse won't hold up :)

The guy's I tour with are all smokers with a bladder the size of a peanut, so 50 miles will probably cover it!
Yup...........to both bladder and fags here..............:LOL:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I purchased my seat from AOMC.mx
It is a fair bit better than the factory seat

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have done 7 hrs rides, the standard seat sucks for long rides, the most I can pull and with some kill me please thoughts are around 600km, as soon as I have time I will take the seat to add more padding, I am ok with the power and range, but not with the saddle , it is awful , I am 70kg 1.70mts so not really heavy, afraid to buy the power parts seat just to hate it as much.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I added foam to my seat and re-covered it with some seat material, I also added extra foam at the front to level it out and it is much more comfy for me

DSC03067.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done 7 hrs rides, the standard seat sucks for long rides, the most I can pull and with some kill me please thoughts are around 600km, as soon as I have time I will take the seat to add more padding, I am ok with the power and range, but not with the saddle , it is awful , I am 70kg 1.70mts so not really heavy, afraid to buy the power parts seat just to hate it as much.
Gday, I’m thinking seriously about a brand new 390. How will it be for me on the occasional 250km ride on the freeway? Speed limits adhered to.... 110 most of the way?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gday, I’m thinking seriously about a brand new 390. How will it be for me on the occasional 250km ride on the freeway? Speed limits adhered to.... 110 most of the way?
It depends on what you're used to and what you rode before. The seat is very stiff and there are a lot of vibrations on the pegs and handlebars. 110 km/h is about as much as I'm willing to do without any windscreen for an extended period of time. For me, 250km on a freeway on the new 390 wouldn't be fun at all. On backroads it's better because you're constantly moving around and you don't get as many sore points.

But I'm coming from a relatively comfy touring bike with a much softer seat, effective windscreen, rubber-mounted engine etc. I'm used to all that niceness. I'll almost always take that bike if I plan on doing some distance.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Interesting in that I find there to be little to no vibrations in my pegs and/or handlebars.
I have the Ktm PowerParts pegs (without rubber damping) too!

I have often thought about it, while riding, how there is such small amounts of vibration through the bars and pegs (especially for a single-cylinder) Compared to bikes I have owned in the past.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Regarding the seat, I bought an Airhawk seat cushion years ago and I just move it from bike to bike. There are probably better seats out there, but not for $100 US.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts