KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has replaced their with an aftermarket one and has the factory one left over and would like to unload it cheap please let me know. Really just need the clear plastic cover over the bulb. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
So- you have already found out, that the signal light is held on to the stem- via the cover. when U find one of your signal lights hanging down, (how did this happen- it didn't hit anything). Try to push it back into place- but U can't. The lens has to be removed first.- KTM should be telling us this.
Same thing- for the right hand mirror: I tried to remove my mirrors for dragging my bike up a narrow stairwell. (Try that with a Harley- or a Honda Goldwing). The left mirror came off okay. The right hand mirror. Trying to unscrew it- never happened. It felt like it was getting tighter. Not right- deal with it later.
Then on this forum- I learn that this mirror has a left-hand thread!?!Why on earth did they do that?
All I gotta say- is that this here forum, is critically important- to anybody who rides these machines! The information on here- is not gonna be found anywhere else. KTM should be financially supporting this here site! And I'll betcha that they are reading this- to find out how well their 390 Dukes are doing?
Haw!

·
Registered
916 Posts
So- you have already found out, that the signal light is held on to the stem- via the cover. when U find one of your signal lights hanging down, (how did this happen- it didn't hit anything). Try to push it back into place- but U can't. The lens has to be removed first.- KTM should be telling us this.
Same thing- for the right hand mirror: I tried to remove my mirrors for dragging my bike up a narrow stairwell. (Try that with a Harley- or a Honda Goldwing). The left mirror came off okay. The right hand mirror. Trying to unscrew it- never happened. It felt like it was getting tighter. Not right- deal with it later.
Then on this forum- I learn that this mirror has a left-hand thread!?!Why on earth did they do that?
All I gotta say- is that this here forum, is critically important- to anybody who rides these machines! The information on here- is not gonna be found anywhere else. KTM should be financially supporting this here site! And I'll betcha that they are reading this- to find out how well their 390 Dukes are doing?
Haw!
Very common. My SV, and every Yamaha I've owned does too. It's so they don't come lose with the wind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts