KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 390 Duke 2019 EU with a stock shock.
I weight 59kg with gear. The user manual it’s not very clear on how to set the preload based on your weight BUT, as listed in the technical data, the rear shock should have a 47mm of sag, which I can achieve only by setting the preload at 8 clicks and it just feels wrong. My back end slides easily and I’m very prone to have tankslappers. How can I set up my rear sag based on my weight and not “feeling”
Thank you
And yes, I’ve already googled Sag.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can only share my own experience with personal preferences...

I weigh 75 kilos and I backed off the preload one click from [the middle setting the bike comes with].

I tend to brake hard, because I'm really not into generation boredom;

i'm also trying to teach myself to stay smooth and I really like the flexibility of one click out, as the bike transitions thru the apex and back onto the gas.

Ok, so there's one perspective.
Hope it helps somehow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you including the static sag measurement in the rider sag measurement?

So if the bike is upright, and has already sagged 14mm static, then with a rider it should sag by a further 33mm. This totals 47mm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I’ve already included the static sag in my measurement but I’m not quite sure.
If I remember correctly I did it with the rear wheel of the ground and with my weight (full gear) on the bike. On the forks it was at 47,5 sag. And for me to have 47mm on the shock I had to put the bike on 8 out of 10 preload. Just to be sure I’m gonna repeat the process tomorrow and I’m gonna let you know the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts