KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 6’1” and do feel a bit cramped on the Duke. A local KTM dealer suggested that I fit some ‘rear set footpegs’ that will take my foot both toward the rear of the bike and down. The result is to decrease the bend in my joints. I have looked Online and also asked ‘revzilla’ if such a thing exists. Mr Revzilla doesn’t have anything and suggested I ask our forum? Any ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
A footpeg is what you rest your foot on, a rearset is the metal plate that the footpeg is attached to. To move the footpeg down and back, you probably need what's called a adjustable rearsets, since the stock rearsets have just one position where the footpeg can be attached to.

(you can see how this gets confusing, since you want rear-set footpegs that require aftermarket rearsets ;))

Now, most adjustable rearsets are designed for track use and actually have the footpegs higher than stock, to gain more ground clearance in high lean angles and to force a more aggressive riding position (at the expense of knee fatigue). And you can move the footpegs either high or even higher, not the kind of adjustability you're looking for. But AFAIR there was one model that allowed moving the pegs lower than stock - I can't remember which was it. Try googling :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clarifying what a rearset is. I’ve googled for what I want and they don’t seem to exist. A friend has suggested making a plate that will take the rearset lower but I think getting a higher seat is the better plan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I have issues . I can’t bend my left ankle up enough because of a bone spur that is a result of multiple ankle sprains. A few other boring lower limb issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts