KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed the RacingBros rear shock on my 2021 without any fitment issues. It still needs to be set up, but it's movie night with the family so that will have to wait.

Because of the under-body exhaust I used ratchet straps hooked to the bike frame along with ceiling hooks to suspend/lift the bike rather than using a floor jack to raise it. No need to remove the hugger+chain guard unit. The swap literally just requires removing the two shock bolts, removing the old shock, putting in the new one and reinserting the two bolts. That's it. 15 minutes for what is, IMO, the best mod you can make to this bike.

Shout-out to 1Fngr for the fast shipping (and the warning that this kit wasn't guaranteed to fit the 2021)!

View attachment 53498
Have you had a chance to really test it out yet? I'm excited to hear a first-hand review of this particular shock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you had a chance to really test it out yet? I'm excited to hear a first-hand review of this particular shock.
IMO proper fit (levers/bars, suspension, seat) is the place to start with most bikes.

I have about 300 km (city, freeway) on the RacingBros shock. The rear of the bike is completely sorted, now. No more bucking or inconsistency on less than ideal roads. It's just stable everywhere. The bike is fine (and fun) with the stock shock, but the RacingBros makes it smoother. Smooth is fast, as they say.

I haven't used any other aftermarket rear shocks on the 390, so I can't compare it to any other options. I also only have 300 km on it as well, so I can't speak to durability, either.

·
Registered
949 Posts
41 - 46 of 46 Posts