KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a KTM Duke 390 2018, full stock. Starting this discussion as I want to know if anybody swapped their duke 390 rear shock with duke 250s?

I weigh 62 kilos and KTM duke 390 is an absolute snack on the track. But as the suspension is non-adjustable(tried preload's last setting also) and I'm not heavy, and as India is a country where you sometimes find good roads between rubble and gutters, I find 390's suspension to be super stiff for the streets! I can feel every pebble under my ass.
I rode my friend's duke 250 and found a lot of difference and found it to be very comfortable for Indian streets. I thought the swap mightwork as I can adjust 250 duke preload and make it stiffer for track days.
THOUGHTS? ADVISE?

·
Registered
8 Posts
snack on the track...hahah.

have you tried setting the preload on the bike first? the rears can be adjust on a clicking dial, try dialing it down if you find it too stiff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snack on the track...hahah.

have you tried setting the preload on the bike first? the rears can be adjust on a clicking dial, try dialing it down if you find it too stiff.
Yes, as I mentioned, I currently dialled it down to the last level, it only made the seat height higher but no difference in comfort and is still stiff for my weight.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Not sure if the 250 rear is different from the 390. I recently replaced the rear of my 200 (2012) with my 390 as I put an Öhlins on that 1.
In all honesty, the stiffness feels the same I only think the rebound is better on the (2015) 390 shock.
Can't really imaging the 250 being that much different from the 390. I weigh 74kg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts