KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just picked up my 2018 Duke 390 about a month ago. Came with a decent set of mods right off the lot thanks to the 1st owner. Got her with 2100 miles, have done about 500 now. I'm looking to do a Powertronics, rapid bike easy or Booster plug soon. That's what brought me to these forums, researching them. Anyways heres some pics of her.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm looking to do a Powertronics, rapid bike easy or Booster plug soon. That's what brought me to these forums, researching them.
Welcome. Well that’s two different types of piggyback you are looking at which do different things. What are you looking to achieve?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Booster Plug is the simplest of what you are asking about. It will help with the lean mix and give you stronger idle and better low speed.

RBE is the next step and does more in a different way

Powertronics solution is full of customization.....but you will pay for it.

I have a Booster Plug just for the reasons mentioned above and it work great

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi Marius, have you actually tried both? I have been running the PowerTRONIC V3 on both my 200 and 390 and am very happy with them but never tried any of the others available?
Would love a comparison between any other and the PowerTRONIC preferable on a dyno but guess that is pushing it.

Welcome. Well that’s two different types of piggyback you are looking at which do different things. What are you looking to achieve?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi Marius, have you actually tried both? I have been running the PowerTRONIC V3 on both my 200 and 390 and am very happy with them but never tried any of the others available?
Would love a comparison between any other and the PowerTRONIC preferable on a dyno but guess that is pushing it.
Hi KT. Not as yet. To be honest I tend to modify my bike too much to have the added issues with ensuring I have the right map in place for it. I’m not even sure if there is a good Apple based software for that and I don’t have or intend to have a laptop so that strongly pushes me towards even more expense with dyno work.

That said, if I don’t kill the engine before that point I’m going to end up looking at a mapped solution and then the PowerTRONIC will be a strong contender.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I honestly just want to get the smoother idle and low running speed sorted out. I also have the intentions of fitting a 42 tooth rear sprocket as I do a lot of freeway riding about 90% of my commute is freeway at 75-80mph. I rarely ever go out on a weekend joy ride. I'm not really looking to squeeze every inch out of the bike but if I can get away with the Rapid Bike Easy for a Slip on exhaust and air filter lid mod then I would save myself $100 over the Powertronics.

My ultimate future plan in the coming years is to put a Duke 790 or 890 in the garage next to my 390

1 - 11 of 11 Posts