KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! First time KTM and naked bike owner. I’ve ridden many sport bikes before but never a naked bike especially one this upright. It’s def new to me but I’m already enjoying the long rides. Just not used to how much my head bobbles at higher speeds. Look forward to getting some mods tips and experiences from you guys. Thanks for having me here!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome... same here, first KTM, first naked, and first time taking it to 90 mph yesterday. It is certainly not as stable feeling as a bigger bike at those speeds. But that's the point, small nimble bike, lots of fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got up to 80 yesterday on an open road and did not feel as confident with it as I would in a sport bike. First and foremost mod is gonna have to be a steering damper, for sure

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah I got up to 80 yesterday on an open road and did not feel as confident with it as I would in a sport bike. First and foremost mod is gonna have to be a steering damper, for sure
80 is no issue on these bikes. I suggest relaxing your grip on the handlebars and most of that will go away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Duke is my first naked too, the wind is a getting use too kind of thing, you may want to buy a screen, it helps a bit, have a good one!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

It's fine up to 60. I just tuck in when I go above 70 and it doesn't bother me too much. The bike is definitely not meant for long periods of high speed riding though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello all! First time KTM and naked bike owner. I’ve ridden many sport bikes before but never a naked bike especially one this upright. It’s def new to me but I’m already enjoying the long rides. Just not used to how much my head bobbles at higher speeds. Look forward to getting some mods tips and experiences from you guys. Thanks for having me here!
My first mod was a Puig Windscreen and it was well worth it! Then Hand Protecters also helped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi to Florida I’m depressed talking to you we should be over there for a month in June?? we love the place
Ive ridden over there a few times the weather makes it great but I have to say due to the long straight roads the wind could be a bit of a problem just relax into it the bikes a lot of fun.
Come to England we’ve got lots of lovely twisty roads that you won’t really go above 70 on made for this kind of bike.

Enjoy and stay safe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi to Florida I’m depressed talking to you we should be over there for a month in June?? we love the place
Ive ridden over there a few times the weather makes it great but I have to say due to the long straight roads the wind could be a bit of a problem just relax into it the bikes a lot of fun.
Come to England we’ve got lots of lovely twisty roads that you won’t really go above 70 on made for this kind of bike.

Enjoy and stay safe.
This is my Winter home, Spring,Summer and Fall we live in Upstate New York, plenty of Hills, curves, and beautiful Farmland to ride you a** off. Adirondack Mts. Etc....But if you got n extra room I'll come to visit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes it is a nice small city! I have never been to Buffalo or Florida yet. But they are definitely in my bucket list. Particularly Florida :) I love traveling to the USA! Hopefully the situation will be better soon and the border will reopen!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts