KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted the KTM screen this weekend.
It does reduce the wind on your chest but more importantly covers up the bit between the headlight and console, making the bike look better (in my opinion)
I also fitted KTM hand guards, and they did keep my hands a bit warmer in the cold UK spring weather, but didn’t like the look of them as they seemed too large, so l’ve ordered the smaller ones.l

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pictures tend to generate interest. But screens are one of those things beloved by our US members and their bikes are only just starting to emerge from hibernation.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great with the colour coded mirrors and hand guards.
Guess you need those in Norway!
I fitted the smaller KTM hand guards on mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have had hand guards fitted from day one, along with heated grips. They do make a difference, not so much as I originally thought and in the depths of winter if the heated grips where not on the fingers still went into frostbite territory, adjusting the stock levers is a bit tricky with them fitted.

Attachments

Reactions: 42569

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes l found that with the levers.
Although they are both on position 5 so not such a problem for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are on the freeway a lot I'd imagine they make a BIG difference in comfort... I haven't put a ton of freeway miles on mine, but when I do for short periods it's a wind-fest even at 55-60mph.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The standard KTM screen.
Does look good but minimal wind deflection.
There is a difference though, mainly on the chest area.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That screen doesn’t look too bad. Does it make much of a difference to wind blast at higher speeds?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts