KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at a new Duke 390 in a local showroom.....

Sat on it to test it our for size....

The seat is like a block of granite....

What the heck were KTM thinking ??

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lol weight saving probably. Or a tactic to help sell the KTM PowerParts comfort seat!

It’s not too bad tho. I tried wearing my padded cycling shorts on when I did a 3 hour trip the other day, didn’t really make much difference tho lol

·
Registered
653 Posts
Surprised that you think the seat is too hard.
I have done 120 miles and no issues with the stock seat. A harder seat might seem bad, but can be better in the long run.

It’s the same with cycling, The saddle that came with my bike was a gel one and quite soft, but it caused issues so l got a saddle fitting and the one chosen looked like an instrument of torture
But it’s the best saddle l have ever used.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah - I got 1600 miles on my Duke in the last 2.5 months and I think the seat is just fine...is it great? no. but it isnt terrible.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Agree with previous posters. Rode to some friends over the weekend, 145 miles and just over 3.5 hrs each way without stopping. I couldn't have done that on most of the BMWs I've owned before the seats were re-padded, used to get a numb bum after a couple of hours riding.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back into the Duke then ;)

Cheers for the re-map heads up in Pattaya...

Unfortunately he only does "old model" re-maps ....

So on to the KTM Head Office in BKK, where i had my last (old model) duke re-mapped - they said the same - they don't re-map the new model......

In the end went for a - 3 rear sprocket from Tyga Performance - dare i say Easily the best mod (for the money) for the 390... very pleased ...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,085 Posts
Yeah, the sprocket adjustments work wonders.
I'm still loving the 2015 Duke 390 I'm on, got a 45T (std) rear SuperSprox Stealth on it now and a 42T Stealth coming from the factory, Czech Republic.
I do prefer the looks of the Gen 1 model.
You're no longer in Hua Hin then?

Cheers for the re-map heads up in Pattaya...

Unfortunately he only does "old model" re-maps ....

So on to the KTM Head Office in BKK, where i had my last (old model) duke re-mapped - they said the same - they don't re-map the new model......

In the end went for a - 3 rear sprocket from Tyga Performance - dare i say Easily the best mod (for the money) for the 390... very pleased ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts