KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just got my new SENA 50S and I am having trouble connecting it to the bike s TFT display. it pairs fine but when I play music or make a phone call the sound is not there. my iphone says it is playing on the bike but the TFT doesn t seem to further the sound into the headset. for now I am riding with the SENA directly connected just to my iphone which means I can t use the buttons on the handlebars to change songs etc. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think you're thinking about it wrong. The phone is the hub, the TFT doesn't link directly to the SENA.
TFT will control the phone. SENA will control the phone. TFT will not control SENA. SENA will not control the TFT.

I am set up like this with my pixel and Cardo Solo and haven't had any problems on my 2018. Not sure if something has changed with newer models or if I'm on a different software version than you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're thinking about it wrong. The phone is the hub, the TFT doesn't link directly to the SENA.
TFT will control the phone. SENA will control the phone. TFT will not control SENA. SENA will not control the TFT.

I am set up like this with my pixel and Cardo Solo and haven't had any problems on my 2018. Not sure if something has changed with newer models or if I'm on a different software version than you.
This is a 2019 model on the 1V08 software and there is a headset and a phone pairing in the menu on the TFT separately. The issue when I try to run it like you have is that every time I try to use the handlebar controls the phone switches trh audio output back to the bike. in the audio page on the TFT the song is playing but nothing can be heard.
i tried to pair my airpods to the headset slot on thec TFt and those work but SENA does not.......the phone sends music to the TFT and the TFT connects to the airpods.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is a 2019 model on the 1V08 software and there is a headset and a phone pairing in the menu on the TFT separately. The issue when I try to run it like you have is that every time I try to use the handlebar controls the phone switches trh audio output back to the bike. in the audio page on the TFT the song is playing but nothing can be heard.
i tried to pair my airpods to the headset slot on thec TFt and those work but SENA does not.......the phone sends music to the TFT and the TFT connects to the airpods.
Sorry mate. I don't have the headset pairing (I just checked). I have software 5v42. It might be a non-USA feature you're working with.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I would suggest doing it the way free range veal suggested. Connect the TFT to your phone and the headset to your phone. It will simplify things and you'll probably get better sound without the audio trying to relay through the TFT.

Reactions: varroa

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest doing it the way free range veal suggested. Connect the TFT to your phone and the headset to your phone. It will simplify things and you'll probably get better sound without the audio trying to relay through the TFT.
yes I also wanted to try that but as soon as I try to use the handlebar controls the audio will switch back to KTM SPORTSMOTORCYCLE on the phone (basically the tft demands to be the output but it win t relay it to the SENA..)
thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry mate. I don't have the headset pairing (I just checked). I have software 5v42. It might be a non-USA feature you're working with.
Can I ask you does your duke still allow you to turn off ABS on your TFT software? I am thinking I might get the tft flashed to your version as the 1v08 also takes that option away.

·
Registered
612 Posts
yes I also wanted to try that but as soon as I try to use the handlebar controls the audio will switch back to KTM SPORTSMOTORCYCLE on the phone (basically the tft demands to be the output but it win t relay it to the SENA..)
thanks for the suggestion.
If you go into the Bluetooth settings for the connection to the bike, you can turn off audio. Maybe try that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get this resolved? If so, how? I'm having the same issues with my 2019 790 Adv
Nope i did not been riding without the bike connection ..... kinda sucks when that’s a feature ktm Is all proud About ....... can you check the software version you have in the tft screen ? I will go ask my dealer next week if there is a newer one available....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm on my second 50S. First one had lots of issues so finally they sent a new replacement. Not sure I can blame it on the Sena though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm on my second 50S. First one had lots of issues so finally they sent a new replacement. Not sure I can blame it on the Sena though.
I think you can ...... it works properly when I connect my AirPods to the bike or a Chinese intercom ... 400$ Sena tho ? Nope

·
Registered
7 Posts
Long volley with Sena today. Their reason 50S does not work but 20S does is that 50S has Bluetooth 5 and 20S has Bluetooth 4. They say it is likely there is incompatibility between bike's BT version and 50S BT version. I'll see if my local KTM dealer can shed light on a solution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Long volley with Sena today. Their reason 50S does not work but 20S does is that 50S has Bluetooth 5 and 20S has Bluetooth 4. They say it is likely there is incompatibility between bike's BT version and 50S BT version. I'll see if my local KTM dealer can shed light on a solution.
Please let me know if you get somewhere with it because i’m struggling with it for months

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please let me know if you get somewhere with it because i’m struggling with it for months
Talked with KTM’s Christian today (855) 215-6360. Per a bike/device compatibility list he has, the 790, and other bikes, are not compatible with Sena 50s. He stated there should be an update coming along before too long since that compatibility list has not been revised for some time.
The compatibility issue could come as a MyRide app update that we would notice on our phone - but it could include and/or possibly a programming update to our bikes that would have to be performed at a dealer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts