KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tested this and it works (taken from another forum). IF you do your own service and want to reset the service indicator;

Push Mode til ODO shows
Push Set til the Service KM left indicator shows (the spanner icon)
Hold Set for 15 secs and you'll see the Service KM reset to 5000 km.

·
Registered
812 Posts
But this is simple, aren't these already in the manual! ;)

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
132 Posts
The service interval on the D390 should be 7500ks, do any of the 390 dashes reset to this?

My Duke 200 had a 5000 K service interval, looks like they carried the dash straight over from that without making changes to reflect the 390's larger service intervals. Seeing as mine is an early model I am wondering if KTM addressed this in more recent model D390's or the RC390.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my 2015 390 resets with this procedure to 7500kms

Reactions: KTMasean

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Mine resets in 5,000km increments too. Bought is August 2014, so build date should be around mid 2014.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well handy, thanks very much. Mine did reset to 7500km which I do not really agree with (too long). Will do mine basically every 6 months. I also noticed that if you do the same but rather than holding down set, hold down mode and the display will change from metric to imperial and vice versa (km's to mile's).

Cheers from Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
7,500kms Service Interval

Mine resets in 5,000km increments too. Bought is August 2014, so build date should be around mid 2014.
My 2014 Duke 390 has just clicked over 6,000kms and the service interval reminder is now appearing. So if I reset the service interval as per above instructions, will it change to 7,500kms or 11,000kms?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good info thanks
After the first 1000 Km's and I change the oil (myself) can I reset the RPM the same way? I want to raise it after the break in period so that its not constantly flashing blinking red
Thanks

I've tested this and it works (taken from another forum). IF you do your own service and want to reset the service indicator;

Push Mode til ODO shows
Push Set til the Service KM left indicator shows (the spanner icon)

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
..So if I reset the service interval as per above instructions, will it change to 7,500kms or 11,000kms?..
It adds 5,000km to whatever is on the clock as the next service interval, this way they can track when it's been reset.

..After the first 1000 Km's and I change the oil (myself) can I reset the RPM the same way? I want to raise it after the break in period so that its not constantly flashing blinking red...
Yes, but the RPM shift light is a seperate setting, and there are no electronic restrictions on the bike to start with, only a flashing light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine Light On

Hi there, My KTM Duke 390 ,meter show engine light blinking and sometime its just on.

What is the problem my bike? it is something with my engine ?
I already service and change oil filter and the light still on when my bike are moving?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts