KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Duke 390 w/ aftermarket training wheels 😉
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Duke 390

I changed my oil at 1,069 miles and I’m now at 2,233. So I’m not sure why my service light came on today. It shows next service isn’t until December, or the next mileage interval (whichever comes first)… I believe KTM intervals are set to 4,650 miles between oil changes, correct?

Is there a way to determine why exactly the light came on, maybe an OBDII scan? I bought the adapter but have yet to find a scan tool/app combo that is able to communicate with this bikes ECU.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Measuring instrument

·
Registered
2018 Duke 390 w/ aftermarket training wheels 😉
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you reset the service interval after doing this late oil change?
No. That’s gotta be why. I was under the impression that the service interval was fixed at 4,650 miles. A quick YouTube search showed me how to reset it. I should of dug into it a little further before asking a dumb question! 🤷‍♂️
Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 duke 200, Previous bike (2009 er6n Kawasaki, 1982 honda nighthawk cb450)
122 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's what the forum is for, and at least now other will find it on search of similar promblem

Reactions: Jpainter187

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just like a car, when the oil is replaced, usually the service center resets the indicator. Either ways it's not an issue, your dealer should help you out, if you don't know how to reset it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts