KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started my 17 Duke 390 for the first time and have a “Service Soon” light on? Bike only has 1,500 miles and when I put it away in the fall I removed the battery and added fuel stabilizer. No problems whatsoever. Yes the bike was serviced at the 600 mile range. The dealer is over a hour away from me so I’d like to take care of this myself.

·
Registered
313 Posts
service interval.jpg

A word of caution: In later software versions you cannot actually shift between the distance and date settings, only the distance setting is changeable. In that case, as soon as you have completed step 3 in this procedure, your only option is to begin pressing the SET button to change the service interval by 500km increments. And once you have done that, do NOT press the back button or you will lose your desired setting. Instead... press and hold the SET button continuously, until the IP exits the Service menu. Having done so, all your changes will now be saved (and the light/message should be out).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well hold on then -- does the message displayed actually say "Service"?
If so, the dealer set your reminder for 900 miles after your last service.

Oh-oh-oh-oh... I just remembered. Go into the settings and reset your 'clock' also.
Because when your disconnected the battery you lost the current date/time.
Do 'that' b4 resetting your desired service interval.

If you have a Check Engine light on, that's an entirely different matter.
So which is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts