KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2020 KTM Adventure 390. 馃崐 No quick shifter.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Abenteurer,
I searched the forum for a shop manual for my new baby 2020 Adventure 390 and I could not find it. Does anyone have a link to download it please?

Thanks in advance.

Registered
Love it. Great machine. Plan on doing some upgrades if your going to be getting more off-road. Skidplate, Barkbusters,more aggressive tires etc. I would highly recommend replacing the Foot pegs and adding at least a 1 inch bar riser. I only have 200 miles but am super happy so far.

Registered
Thanks Stuball! Glad you鈥檝e enjoyed it so far!

Picked mine up today. Already has black dog pegs and bar risers. Will be adding a skid plate and center stand before I get onto anything aggressive off road.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Registered
Awesome man...that's great...one thing to consider about getting a Center Stand, It will reduce your ground clearance by a few inches, i had one on my last bike but decided against it this time, if your not doing a lot off road not a deal breaker

Registered
Awesome man...that's great...one thing to consider about getting a Center Stand, It will reduce your ground clearance by a few inches, i had one on my last bike but decided against it this time, if your not doing a lot off road not a deal breaker
Thanks. Yeah, picked it up today, and I'm excited to see what it can do.

I do hope to do a decent amount of off road riding, hoping to do some of the BDR's. However, it looks like the center stand will be tucked up pretty good, with the center stand being up higher than the shock mount, and about even with the skid plate:

Registered
Oh wow, OK looks good. I did consider their Skid Plate but not compatible with OEM Crash Bars. Looks like some stout equipment though.
I just installed the Rade Garage Windscreen, really nice and come with GPS bar. Not cheap, but really nice fit and finish.

Also, check out ADV Matt on You Tube if you haven't already, some great 390 ADV content.

Cheers

Registered
Yeah, the "not compatible with OEM engine guard" is definitely a bummer, and I did verify that with TRex (that they were talking about the OEM crash bars and not about the skid plate as I've seen "engine guard" referred to both skid plates and crash bars previously.) However, in my research, it seems like only two skid plates attach to the frame - most still connect to the existing bracket, which connects to the engine. I'd like to have my plate connected to my frame. (Folks, please tell me if I'm mistaken and there are other options that attach to the frame.)

So, the two options are Black Dog skid plate ($395), which is unknown to be compatible with the TRex Center Stand. (I like the idea of a center stand to aid with maintenance and/or off-road repairs, makes chain maintenance a TON easier; although you can also opt for the opposite side brace option that some people do. Anyway, I digress.) The other option is the TRex skid plate ($205) which requires the TRex Crash Cage ($225) - which isn't much more than just the black dog skid plate, and it does offer better protection - including a crossover bar so any impact will be transferred to all frame mounts on both sides of the bike. Hoping I can also make a win-win, and sell someone else my stock crash bars who might have damaged theirs, helping them have good protection again, and helping me offset some of the cost.

Your RG Windshield looks pretty cool. Hope you love it! Mine has a madstad, which is very adjustable so I think I'll be good.

I did watch a bunch of ADV Matt vids prior to deciding to getting the 390 Adv, but thanks for the tip!

Also want to apologize to Johngait for hijacking this thread. With respect to the original post, there are lots of manuals available here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/390adventure/files/files

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. Have you liked your 390 Adventure? Any learning experiences you would like to share?
Hello, @AJP, I didn't actually buy the shop manual for the adventure yet, as I use an old 2018 Duke shop manual for now. It's mostly the same bike anyway, but when I run into a problem that's specific to the Adventure I will buy it.
I absolutely adore the 390 adventure. I had a Duke before and compared to the Duke the adventure is just more comfortable and versatile bike. It's more expensive, but it also holds value better than the duke. The stock seat is way better than on the Duke and suspension is fully adjustable. I actually readjust it frequently as I carry a passenger sometimes.
The engine is the same, and all the Duke's quirks are still present, but I feel that the throttle response is gentler than on the Duke which helps to save a bit of fuel. It's a bit heavier, maybe that's why. If anyone knows the exact details please chime in. Maybe it's a bit de-tuned... I don't know for sure. In any case the stock final drive ratio is perfect at 15/45T on the adventure, but I felt that on the Duke it was too short.
Design wise in my opinion it's a lot more mature than the duke. It has some basic wind protection wich is great, but I still mounted a 790 Adventure S taller windscreen on it. It's way better than the stock imho.
Over all super happy with the bike and the newest models have wicked paint schemes too. I am patiently waiting for the time when they upgrade the motor to 400cc or add a start-stop function. That would be awesome in the city traffic 馃寙.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks John, glad you are loving your 390 adventure. I did end up picking one up, and like it so far.

I think the 490 that was planned (but now shelved) would be an ideal size. Fingers crossed that some manufacturers start making that size.

When you need the manual, feel free to check the link I mentioned ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/390adventure/files/files )
The link is broken 馃挃

1 - 15 of 15 Posts