Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Getting close to how I imagined it now ! Couple of hours this Morning spent:

Setting up rear Shock preload::
Bicycle frame Automotive tire Hood Bicycle fork Bicycle accessory

Fitting a glass screen protector:
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

A more colourful front m/cylinder cover:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Hood

And generally tidying a few loose ends..
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Have a Thumping weekend with yours 👌

Attachments

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
And now the mechanics / servicing / upgrades are more or less done. For the moment 🤣……..

…….I can start with the Detailing. A couple of small chips in the headlight have been annoying me since delivery 🤨

So removed that and the side covers - and polished them new 😎 ; working my way down (Aggressiveness of cut wise) from Autosol, T-cut, Super Resin Polish, Headlight renovator and finished off [As pictured below] by giving them a couple of coats of wax to provide the plastic some UV protection:
Plastic bottle Bottle Water bottle Luggage and bags Bag

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
If anyone is looking for a Screen Protector for a Gen2: these really are the Dogs Danglies 👌

First film type one I tried was gash. And the previous Glass version I then purchased was an “appalling” fit in the two ‘shaped’ corners of the dash….

These ones (Below) fit perfect; and go on very easily with no bubbles - supposedly due to the ‘Air Glass’.
5 day postage from Germany to U.K. too.

Simple - but top notch 👊

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The small details always have and always will mean everything….

Therefore I was really happy to eventually come across this seller on eBay:

…….listing various sizes / shapes and options of Stainless Steel; shouldered, large headed bolts. One of which gave me another opportunity to get of more of the original fixings.

Cosmetics Household hardware Auto part Circle Font

Using the appropriate size and specially ordered White nylon washers on the Black rear half of the fender, and Black versions on the White front half - it’s another area ‘ridded’ of the standard fixings 👌

Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire

I’m currently in the process of sorting some 100% Carbon Fibre bits and pieces from Tyga. Looking forward to those arriving 😍

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
2-Months in / Up to date specs:

INTAKE:
Stock Airbox
K&N Air Filter
Open / Foam lined: Airbox Lid

FUELLING:
Standard Electronic Fuel Injection
BoosterPlug Fuel enhancement ECU

ENGINE:
373cc Single Cylinder
NGK Iridium Spark Plug
Silkolene Pro4: 15w50 Fully Synthetic
Shell V-Power fuel

EXHAUST:
Factory Header / Cat etc
Scorpion Red - Serket Tapered Can

GEARBOX / DRIVE-TRAIN:
6-Speed Wet-Clutch
15-45 AFAM / Alloy Sprockets
D.I.D 520 Gold X-Ring Chain

BRAKES:
Brembo Calipers / Disc Brakes
EBC HH Sintered brake pads F+R
3-Finger Shorty levers
Motul RBF 660 Dot4 Brake fluid

SUSPENSION:
Stock WP Front + Rear
7-Clicks rear Pre-load

BODYWORK / PLASTICS:
KTM PowerParts Hand-guards
Carbon Fibre front fender extender
Rear Tail Tidy
DoubleTake Trail Mirrors
Stainless Steel Radiator Guard
Front and Rear crash bungs
FF Carbon - sprocket cover
Custom Decals

OTHER:
KTM PowerParts Q/Release fuel cap
Anodised Orange M/Cylinder cover
Anodised Orange Engine Plugs
Anodised Orange Oil filler Plug
C-Tek Trickle Charger connection
Renthal Medium Compound grips
Glass Dashboard protector
CNC Swing-arm Bobbins
Knurled Aluminium F+R Footpegs
Many S/Steel Fixings / Fastenings
Various Pro-Bolt Aluminium inserts

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
This bike came to me with the Scorpion can. No standard exhaust included. Or the baffle for the Scorpion……🤨

Although not overly loud. That’s the only mode I have !

So rather than buy a mild steel or cheap galvanised baffle (For MOT’s or rides where a “Stealth mode” is required etc); I’m going to make my own Stainless Steel version.

£13 worth of parts from eBay. An hour of my time to machine down the 51mm tapered end of the Decibel Killer to the 45mm I need, cut and TIG weld on a sleeve to insert into the Scorpion outlet, drill a hole for the 6mm fixing bolt and the job should be a good one…..

Product Font Line Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
MOT doesn’t need stealth. If your tester likes to add a note about loud exhaust then find a more bike oriented one that doesn’t.
I’m not predicting any issues with MOT. As much as anything I enjoy doing this sort of stuff / the ‘mini project’ - and it will be another option if I need. Or indeed fancy it.

***Ive been into modified cars / bikes for 30+ years. I must say it does seem hugely more relaxed these days Ref aftermarket exhausts and the whole ‘Excessively noisy’ point anywhere you go. No more changing exhausts over just for MOT days any more…..

Cheers 😎

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Life’s like a box of Chocolates…..

After recent discussions about aftermarket foot-pegs: I’ve taken the plunge.

Chinese seller offering front and rear Anodised Aluminium pegs for various KTM models - inc the 390. But the fronts and rears appeared to be different colours in ‘Grey’ in their pictures. Fronts looked Anthracite type colour. Rears looked Silver 🤷‍♂️

However; after messaging them - they assured me they can provide matching colour for front and rear. Whether that’s Grey, Anthracite or Silver I’m not quite sure ? The 5 week wait / suspense will be time to ponder all the possible permutations 🤣🤣

Price was £42 / $56 for both sets inc taxes and delivery. We’ll see how they turn out soon enough…

Camera accessory Audio equipment Auto part Font Gadget

Font Engineering Auto part Composite material Camera accessory

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Tyga U.K. (Jap4performance) have proved themselves so unhelpful; and quite frankly useless; so far in my enquiries about getting a few Carbon parts shipped out - that I decided to order elsewhere.

First item I wanted was a Carbon sprocket cover. There were probably 5 or 6 companies offering these in Europe. However these people in Germany (Who solely make Carbon Fibre vehicle parts);

…..were super-helpful with my initial questions. And look to have a fabulous Range of products available for the 390. Including a Sprocket cover with metal inserts moulded in at all 4 bolt positions. Unlike another I’ve seen; and a nice touch at these stress points…..

String instrument accessory Font Musical instrument Fashion accessory Metal

Let’s see how the potential first Carbon part of a ‘few’ I might be interested in turns out 😎

·
Administrator
2,247 Posts
That is really strange about TYGA?
I have nothing but fantastic customer support from them.
Do these German Carbon parts come with their advertisement on them?

Tyga U.K. (Jap4performance) have proved themselves so unhelpful; and quite frankly useless; so far in my enquiries about getting a few Carbon parts shipped out - that I decided to order elsewhere.

First item I wanted was a Carbon sprocket cover. There were probably 5 or 6 companies offering these in Europe. However these people in Germany (Who solely make Carbon Fibre vehicle parts);

…..were super-helpful with my initial questions. And look to have a fabulous Range of products available for the 390. Including a Sprocket cover with inserts in all 4 bolt positions…..unlike another I’ve seen; and a nice touch at these stress points.

View attachment 54483

Let’s see how the potential first Carbon part of a ‘few’ I might be interested in turns out 😎

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
That is really strange about TYGA?
I have nothing but fantastic customer support from them.
Do these German Carbon parts come with their advertisement on them?
For a company who’s basis of existing is to sell (You’d presume ??)……VERY WEIRD !

I even emailed Tyga Europe. And got this reply: meaning buying from them instead of the U.K. looked doubtful at best:

“Dear Sir,

Thanks for your message.

We are responsible for all of Europe, but not for the the UK. JAP4 takes care of that.
I’m sorry we have a contract with TYGA, we come in trouble if we deliver.

Kind regards,

Henrico

TYGA Europe”

Hence my order from FF in Germany. But: they only make Carbon products, have a nice range of matching parts - and were really helpful. I’m excited.

And no I don’t think the parts come with a logo. Looks like the ‘FF’ logo is just super-imposed on the eBay advert pictures I screen-shotted.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 390
45 Posts
FF carbon is great, tons of options and cheap shipping too. I found one on my side of the pond from MotoComposite. I think between the 2 you could get a full set of carbon parts after about $2500. Nice that they offer both styles of Carbon being fiberglass and 100% carbon.

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
FF carbon is great, tons of options and cheap shipping too. I found one on my side of the pond from MotoComposite. I think between the 2 you could get a full set of carbon parts after about $2500. Nice that they offer both styles of Carbon being fiberglass and 100% carbon.
Great to hear - thanks for the feedback. I’ve gone - and in future will go full Carbon for the little extra. Won’t be buying vast amounts though. Want a few standout / select / contrasting / visible parts. Not a full bling Carbon look 😎

Yes: £8 shipping via DHL from Germany to U.K. was extremely fair I thought.

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Baffled ?
Tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle Automotive tire

Yea - me too now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

***Home-made Stainless Steel baffle dry fitting. And went in puuurrrrfect 👌

On other news: FF Carbon sent me a Carbon Sprocket cover - which didn’t fit. Also: quality was ‘ok’….but nothing special. And seeing as they only said ‘return for full refund’ and never mentioned a replacement item: I’ve done just that and returned it to Germany.

Meanwhile - I then ordered a replacement from Jap4Performance [TYGA’s U.K. distributor] and have heard absolutely nothing since 🤷‍♂️ The product remains to be seen. But - as previous - the customer service from their U.K. representative really is absolutely shocking…….

Have a great weekend fellow KTM’ers 😎

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
How did the FF not fit??
It was from a Duke 125. Which it seems has a different bolt fixing pattern……

Watch Blue Natural material Electric blue Jewellery

So FF didn’t mention a replacement item - just returning incorrect item for a refund.

And TYGA (Jap4Performance) who were quiet when I asked questions before purchase - have also been completely silent since I bought a ‘replacement’ from them 😡

How hard can it be 🤷‍♂️😥🤦‍♂️🤨

·
Administrator
2,247 Posts
Okay, strange.
I wasn't aware that the 125 was different (same as the 200??)
Did FF not have the 1 for the 390?
My contact here in Thailand is one of the partners in TYGA.
I'll gently drop the complaint on customer service with him.Did TYGA UK have 1 in stock?

It was from a Duke 125. Which it seems has a different bolt fixing pattern……

View attachment 54556

So FF didn’t mention a replacement item - just returning incorrect item for a refund.

And TYGA (Jap4Performance) who were quiet when I asked questions before purchase - have also been completely silent since I bought a ‘replacement’ from them 😡

How hard can it be 🤷‍♂️😥🤦‍♂️🤨

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Okay, strange.
I wasn't aware that the 125 was different (same as the 200??)
Did FF not have the 1 for the 390?
My contact here in Thailand is one of the partners in TYGA.
I'll gently drop the complaint on customer service with him.Did TYGA UK have 1 in stock?
TYGA’s U.K. distributor never got back to me about stock levels - that I asked about pre purchase. And I’ve heard nothing since I then ordered and paid a few days ago.

Hopefully all will be fine. So frustrating though; and such poor customer service………I’m quite surprised TYGA let these type of people loose with their name and reputation.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts