KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Cheap (?) Front and Rear Anodised Aluminium peg set from AliExpress in the house. In under 2 weeks I might add; for a very reasonable £42 ($55) to my door inc taxes.

Font Writing implement Screenshot Parallel Office supplies

Fit and finish looks excellent. These guys in the Far East really know how to reverse engineer stuff for sure:
Material property Office supplies Revolver Fashion accessory Gadget

Awaiting on a couple more bits to arrive this week, so will be having an ‘install session’ over the 4-day Bank Holiday weekend. We’ll see what quality of fit is like then 😎

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Foot-pegs fitted this Morning. No complaints at all - and very pleased to get rid of all that gorgeous looking stock KTM rubber :ROFLMAO:

Fronts were quite clever; and had a 'Cam' type adjuster piece effectively joining the body to the peg itself. Allowing you to adjust final peg height up, down, back or forward. I ditched that piece and bolted the peg straight to the body......

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
I love my Post-person :D

Today my new lever set arrived. So i set about installing them. The idea being to swap out these:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Hood

..........for something a little better operating, feeling and of course looking. Far too much 'Black holes' with everything the same colour on this bike for me. So went for a subtle Titanium colour. To match new pegs; and a few other bits.

Brake was a 5 minute swap-out job. Even with cleaning out the old perch, lubing up the pivot point etc. Much nicer ! Glad i went for the shorter [**3-finger for me] version too (y)
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Clutch was looking like it might be a pain; as i couldn't get enough slack in the cable to remove the existing lever - even after completely loosening the cable at the lever end. So i looked down at the engine cases / clutch arm end; with a view of adjusting it there to gain even more slack. And then realised a couple of cable ties could really be my friend here:
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design

This free'd up a pair of hands, gave me the fraction more slack i needed uptop - and allowed a straight-forward swap-out. And seeing as the clutch-side did 'play ball'......i then decided to treat the cable to a lube-up while i was there :ROFLMAO:
Hand Automotive tire Hood Bicycle tire Crankset

Really getting there with the bike now. Just need TYGA to play ball and get me some Carbon Fibre on my door-mat

Thanks for looking. Safe riding this weekend folks (y)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
An Earth shattering leap forward ? Absolutely not ! A teeny-weeny, virtually unseen and miniscule improvement ? Yes - in my eyes. And that's all that matters :cool:

So last weekend i noticed this (Regulator-Rectifier cover / brace bar) was looking a little chipped and tired. And forever hating the swathes of Black on these bikes - i had it re-powdercoated a contrasting colour:
Wood Crosscut saw Tool Hand tool Gas

There; ain't life a little better :)
Bag Automotive tire Automotive design Luggage and bags Motor vehicle

Have a fab and safe weekend fellow KTM'ers.........

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The bike is looking good with all the mods,we are now getting good riding weather here in UK so you can get out and show off all your work,I really need to make an effort and find more time to ride this year.
Me too ! I’m about to buy a do it all / Dual Sport bike I think. To encourage me to ride to work. And come the long way home….

Yea thanks. Just about finished how I imagined / wanted the bike to be now. I’ll get some arty-farty full outdoor shots soon as.

Have a good bike-riding Summer yourself 👊 ☀ 🏍

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
So i got my sorry ass around to removing the fork reflectors (y) After reading various horror stories of them being 'glued on', held on with some sort of Plutonium based Gel :ROFLMAO: blah blah - i did have some concern about the potential to 'wreck' the fork anodising etc.Turns out they have nothing more than a strip of double-sided tape holding them on.

I worked them and the majority of the remaining tape off with my fingers. And the residue came off with a fresh rag, some WD40 and a minutes elbow grease,,,,,,,,,
Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Tire Bicycle wheel

Just awaiting some custom WP decals to now: to liven them up a bit :cool:

And after trying two different sorts of 'under-bar' mirrors and hating both - I then bought myself a pair of these after reading the predominantly great reviews:
Font Automotive lighting Electric blue Plastic Fashion accessory

Not the cheapest small mirrors ever at £52 / $70 off Amazon. But i think they'll suffice my needs for looks and function perfectly. (**Not fitted yet as i'm awaiting new handle-bars arriving). Oh; and did find some Anodised Black infill plugs on ebay - to fit in the old mirror holes too :) Just 'snugged' them in with a neoprene washer underneath for a nice fit............
Bicycle part Camera accessory Carbon Cameras & optics Personal protective equipment

And 5 weeks in nearly; and TYGA aren't now sure where my Carbon Fibre is :mad:. Could be in the post, lost, still in production or otherwise 🤷‍♂️ Supposedly i'll get to find out early this week

If it wasn't all so pathetic i'd honestly cry.

Keep it safe all......(y)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
5 weeks from ordering a Carbon sprocket cover - and I cancelled my TYGA order. Suffice to say their customer care level was right around zero. Anyone ordering through Gavin / Jap4Performance in the U.K. - BE VERY CAREFUL AND ONLY DO SO IF ITS YOUR VERY LAST OPTION. I wouldn’t rate the service I received as highly as ‘pathetic’…..😡

Swiftly moving on: earlier this week I found another supplier and placed and order. 3 days later from overseas it arrives. And very nice it is too;
Footwear Sports equipment Automotive lighting Outdoor shoe Bicycle part

The original fixing points have metal collars in to support the bolt / tension. This one doesn’t. So I figure I’ll use nylon washers behind a normal washer. And then a dab of thread-lock on each bolt: so I can literally ‘snug’ them in. So zero risk of crushing Carbon. And a fixing that stays fixed 👌
Hand Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Cosmetics

Just waiting on a coat or two of Ceramic coating to dry before I fit….🤨

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Sad to read such an experience from a reseller of otherwise excellent products and service elsewhere 😪
Me too. But: Google and read the reviews of Jap4Performance online. They make horrific reading.

I'm shocked a purveyor of quality goods, and such a long established company; with a great reputation (ie: TYGA) would ever get involved with such a lack-lustre outfit.......

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Managed to put a dirty great ‘gauge’ right on the inside of the front Master Cylinder and in full view when faffing around / trial fitting some small mirrors. Man I could have cried…..

After much thought - the only real way round it was a new Master Cylinder.

KTM relieved me of £160 /$200 - and I spent a few hours this afternoon fitting, sticking in some new fluid, bleeding the front up etc.

Oh the price of being a perfectionist 🤣

Wood Font Rectangle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh I need a photo of this on lol. I'm considering getting some carbon for mine as well.

5 weeks from ordering a Carbon sprocket cover - and I cancelled my TYGA order. Suffice to say their customer care level was right around zero. Anyone ordering through Gavin / Jap4Performance in the U.K. - BE VERY CAREFUL AND ONLY DO SO IF ITS YOUR VERY LAST OPTION. I wouldn’t rate the service I received as highly as ‘pathetic’…..😡

Swiftly moving on: earlier this week I found another supplier and placed and order. 3 days later from overseas it arrives. And very nice it is too;
View attachment 54698

The original fixing points have metal collars in to support the bolt / tension. This one doesn’t. So I figure I’ll use nylon washers behind a normal washer. And then a dab of thread-lock on each bolt: so I can literally ‘snug’ them in. So zero risk of crushing Carbon. And a fixing that stays fixed 👌
View attachment 54699

Just waiting on a coat or two of Ceramic coating to dry before I fit….🤨

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
6 months into ownership for this serial modder. And first full pics since initial purchase I think 🤷‍♂️

**I guess you call this example “OEM+“.

Gotten rid of (most) niggles it shouldn’t have come with. And tried to make the changes I have made; look somewhat ‘Factory’.

So now actually sounds like a motorbike 🤣, stops as it should, fuels like it needed to, some very budget parts got binned (Footpegs, Chain etc) and some added bling got installed because I could 😎

SPECS AS OF 24 / 09 / 22:

INTAKE:

Stock Airbox
K&N Air Filter
Open / Foam lined Airbox Lid

FUELLING:
Standard Electronic Fuel Injection
BoosterPlug Fuel enhancement ECU
Shell V-Power Fuel

ENGINE:
373cc Single Cylinder
NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plug
Stainless Steel Magnetic sump bolt
Oil Filter cover Stud Conversion
Anodised Orange Engine plugs
Anodised Orange Oil Filler cap
Silkolene Pro4: 15w50 Fully Synthetic

EXHAUST:
Factory Header / Cat etc
Scorpion Red Serket Tapered Ti Can
Custom removable Stainless Baffle

GEARBOX / DRIVE-TRAIN:
6-Speed Wet-Clutch
15-45 AFAM / Alloy Sprockets
D.I.D 520 Gold X-Ring Chain
A4-Stainless Gear Linkage and Ball-Joints

BRAKES:
Brembo Calipers
Galfer Wavy Discs F+R
EBC HH Sintered brake pads F+R
Anodised adjustable 3-Finger Shorty levers
Motul RBF 660 Dot4 Brake fluid
Anodised Orange front reservoir cover
Anodised Black rear reservoir cover

SUSPENSION:
Stock WP Front + Rear
7-Clicks rear Pre-load

BODYWORK / PLASTICS:
KTM PowerParts Hand-guards
Carbon Fibre front fender extender
Rear Tail Tidy
DoubleTake Trail Mirrors
Stainless Steel Radiator Guard
Front and Rear crash bungs
FF Carbon Sprocket cover
Evotech Carbon Fibre ‘Shark’ Guard
Custom Decals

OTHER:
KTM PowerParts Q/Release fuel cap
C-Tek Trickle Charger connection
Renthal Medium Compound grips
Glass Dashboard protector
CNC Swing-arm Bobbins
Knurled Aluminium F+R Footpegs
S/Steel + Ti Fixings / Fastenings
Various Pro-Bolt Aluminium inserts

Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
Had a couple of people ask over the Shark Fin / Toe Guard (Shown in last picture above).

So here's a link here for anyone interested:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
So this discussion appeared here recently;

……and ironically after seeing the crude standard gearshift linkage joints. And ugly (Galvanised ?) linkage rod:

Office supplies Wood Writing implement Font Pen

…..just a few days earlier. I’d already measured up and ordered some ‘uprated’ parts.

I managed to purchase some all Stainless Steel, self lubricating 90 degree CS10 ball joints at around £13 each for the LH and RH thread versions needed through a bearing supplier at work. But plated version are available all over the net for ‘pennies’:

I simply then bought a matching Stainless Steel linkage rod @ 120mm long - which came with Stainless LH and RH thread M6 nuts included:

And fitted !!

May be placebo: but even on my very low mile bike - the feel is a lot more positive. If nothing else it’s better looking and rust will never be an issue here 😉

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Wheel Bicycle fork

Cheers.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
The Titanium 'fetish' has started 🤷‍♂️ Couldn't get just the right headed Rear Brake / Gearlever pivot bolts i wanted in Stainless. So Ti it had to be. Ordered up these and a few other bits and pieces from:

And

Man there's some sexy stuff out there.Funky heads, drilled washers, tapered cap-heads etc; and much 'odd / race' stuff only available in Titanium.

Anyway. Got my original plan with the pivot bolts and washers completed. And a few other bits and bobs to boot........

Cheers for looking......;)

61 - 80 of 97 Posts