KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Duke 390
66 Posts
Very odd with the bolts, and compatibility lists I've noticed from that eBay listing, and even Pro Bolt. PB only goes up to 2018, yet the OEM part numbers are the same for the front and rear disc brake bolts (90110062000). And only from 2016, and earlier the front disc bolts are different (90109062000). So in theory all the bolts that Shuv have bought for his 2018 will fit the 2020 because both are Gen 2's, yet on PB the compatibility lists 2013 to 2018 fitment, but that's false on a lot of the bolts being different Gen's. That measuring tool they have for sale on PB will actually come in handy, I've parked mine for the winter because it actually snows here unfortunately, so the replacement parts and upgrades are flowing starting with the Galfer F&R, they just look too slick to pass up on.

But it's not even bolts that have the compatibility list incorrect, even KTM power parts supplier, I was looking at the quick release gas cap (93807908000), and with my dealer website, they don't have that part number fitting the Duke 390, only fits the RC390/790 Duke, but thanks for that picture on page 2 with the part number Shuv, I appreciate the help and sku's and such during the build, takes the guess work out on my end still shipping anything to Canada doesn't come from within Canada so it's a pain to deal with returns or misfitting parts.

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
Very odd with the bolts, and compatibility lists I've noticed from that eBay listing, and even Pro Bolt. PB only goes up to 2018, yet the OEM part numbers are the same for the front and rear disc brake bolts (90110062000). And only from 2016, and earlier the front disc bolts are different (90109062000). So in theory all the bolts that Shuv have bought for his 2018 will fit the 2020 because both are Gen 2's, yet on PB the compatibility lists 2013 to 2018 fitment, but that's false on a lot of the bolts being different Gen's. That measuring tool they have for sale on PB will actually come in handy, I've parked mine for the winter because it actually snows here unfortunately, so the replacement parts and upgrades are flowing starting with the Galfer F&R, they just look too slick to pass up on.

But it's not even bolts that have the compatibility list incorrect, even KTM power parts supplier, I was looking at the quick release gas cap (93807908000), and with my dealer website, they don't have that part number fitting the Duke 390, only fits the RC390/790 Duke, but thanks for that picture on page 2 with the part number Shuv, I appreciate the help and sku's and such during the build, takes the guess work out on my end still shipping anything to Canada doesn't come from within Canada so it's a pain to deal with returns or misfitting parts.
Hiya mate,

I take a lot of inspiration from modifications / bits made or fitted, ‘upgrades’ from other KTM’s etc that I see right here…..

So also always try to provide links / thoughts / experiences of things I do - so that anyone else doing the same can follow me as such: and doesn’t need or have to be a pioneer !

So GREAT to hear that some stuff I’ve posted along the way has helped someone else.

Thanks for the ‘thanks’ 🤣 🙏

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
More quality Titanium fixings in the house from ProBolt: This time the front calliper bolts:
Sleeve Font Cylinder Liquid Office supplies

Some would say immediately offset; by some of your finest quality Chinese plastic :rolleyes: in these Fork Compression ring ‘markers’:

What really got me was the free stickers. Suggestions on where to put them guys ? 🤣
Font Paper Rectangle Ink Label

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
Pls, keep me posted on the M10s.
I have a white ty-wrap on the left fork leg to measure my travel.
Been on there ever since I installed the Mupo fork inserts about 2 years ago (I think).
I slide it up sometimes but wonder why as the preload and compression/rebound are nicely set.
Might cut it off soon ha ha ha

More quality Titanium fixings in the house from ProBolt: This time the front calliper bolts:
View attachment 55577

Some would say immediately offset; by some of your finest quality Chinese plastic: in these Fork Compression ring ‘markers’.

What really got me was the free stickers. Suggestions on where to put them guys ? 🤣
View attachment 55578

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Pls, keep me posted on the M10s.
I have a white ty-wrap on the left fork leg to measure my travel.
Been on there ever since I installed the Mupo fork inserts about 2 years ago (I think).
I slide it up sometimes but wonder why as the preload and compression/rebound are nicely set.
Might cut it off soon ha ha ha

At least you're on quality aftermarket suspension, set up for you Chris !! I'm still on stock F+R. They are a gimmick for me at best right now. But suspension will happen over Winter. So hopefully they'll give me a visual marker soon.....

Tie-wrap guy here too at the moment ! For the sake of a few £££ - i thought i'd take it to the next level and invest in some super high quality Chinese items :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And yes - as i promised; soon as i fit the Caliper Bolts at the weekend; i'll reply to all your questions we discussed privately.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
Not a bad thing investing it Chinese tech in the future as it will be the way forward ;)

At least you're on quality aftermarket suspension, set up for you Chris !! I'm still on stock F+R. They are a gimmick for me at best right now. But suspension will happen over Winter. So hopefully they'll give me a visual marker soon.....

Tie-wrap guy here too at the moment ! For the sake of a few £££ - i thought i'd take it to the next level and invest in some super high quality Chinese items :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And yes - as i promised; soon as i fit the Caliper Bolts at the weekend; i'll reply to all your questions we discussed privately.

Cheers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
U.K. Winter-time. Hate it with a passion. Roll on retirement and moving somewhere warm, dry and that actually has some sunlight 🤦‍♂️

Only small ‘progression’ here; is some Titanium bolts for the front Caliper:

Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Purchased from here if anyone is considering:

And also some ‘Fork Travel Indicators’ delivered courtesy of AliExpress:

Product Automotive tire Bicycle fork Bicycle part Bicycle frame

£9.28 3% Off | 42-48mm DUKE Motorcycle Shock Absorber Auxiliary Adjustment Ring CNC Accessories for KTM R2R DUKE 125 200 250 390 790 890 1290

Ride safe……..👍 😎

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
Love the Ti bolts 😁

U.K. Winter-time. Hate it with a passion. Roll on retirement and moving somewhere warm, dry and that actually has some sunlight 🤦‍♂️

Only small ‘progression’ here; is some Titanium bolts for the front Caliper:

View attachment 55630

Purchased from here if anyone is considering:

And also some ‘Fork Travel Indicators’ delivered courtesy of AliExpress:

View attachment 55631

£9.28 3% Off | 42-48mm DUKE Motorcycle Shock Absorber Auxiliary Adjustment Ring CNC Accessories for KTM R2R DUKE 125 200 250 390 790 890 1290

Ride safe……..👍 😎

121 - 128 of 128 Posts