KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent one of our forum vendors MNNTHBX an E-mail asking if they'd consider making a skid-plate for Dukey. I know I'm not the only guy who wants one. If interested parties send them an inquiry to them in sufficient numbers perhaps they'll consider making them. Since they have extensive R&D experience and understand niche markets I can't think of a better company to solicit.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I would be interested!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got e-mail back from Greg at MNNTHBX, they'll consider making a skid-plate but some more respondents to this thread would certainly help our cause out folks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm currently making my own and going to have it powdercoated.

I would however be interested in a "pukka" skid pan if it offered enough protection, looked good, used original mounting plates (or were strong and well hidden), and it would also have to be stainless steel or aluminium.

It's a fairly straight forward thing to make but it has to look stock and not too out of place. I'm a firm believer that anything you add to your bike must not be initially noticeable otherwise it'll look tacky.

In short, if done well I'd definitely be interested!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My idea/concept is pretty simplistic, I won't cough the $$ for powder coating unless I can't stand the raw aluminum look. I'm not even sure it's going to have sides in all honesty since it'll make it more difficult to fabricate. Saw a nice one on a LSL Bonneville concept picture that shouldn't be too hard to make.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point about the salt, never stopped to consider that but I likely won't be riding until all snow is gone and spring rainy season has started. I'm nuts but there's some stuff I won't do..

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
You can put me on the list too , as long I don't get whacked over the head with shipping costs . Maybe , we as EEC based buyers should buy together and ship in bulk to Europe and distribute from there .

·
Registered
77 Posts
I finally got my Duke today so I will proceed with my skid plate project! I'll let you know but basically, I intend to have the sheet metal laser cut and bent here. I could give the drawings, parts and files to anyone willing to get his own!

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I finally got my Duke today so I will proceed with my skid plate project! I'll let you know but basically, I intend to have the sheet metal laser cut and bent here. I could give the drawings, parts and files to anyone willing to get his own!
Thanks for the offer , however I , like many here I presume , may have misplaced their sheet metal laser cutters and will have a job doing that themselves >:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I too am interested in a skip plate. Please keep us posted on this and all the nice things from the cool guys at MNNTHBX.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts