KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also interested in a skid plate like Indimotard's but I live in Greece. If the shipping price is ok i would definitely get one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There's a few on fleabay but all offshore manufacture...
item numbers ? seems the only way to find from uk :(

I'm also interested in a skid plate like Indimotard's but I live in Greece. If the shipping price is ok i would definitely get one.
i asked of fb about uk shipping still waiting reply

·
Registered
258 Posts
quite a few styles on facebook groups from far east various sellers but some pricy and shipping high or dont ship international.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I wonder if a skid plate could serve as a credible alternative to the -expensive - engine covers marketed by R&G. The lower edges of both the right and left engine covers have been reported to be quite vulnerable in a crash, especially the rectangular protrusion on the left-side alternator cover. I like the idea of getting rid of the chin fairing for something more functional.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Even as homely as they are I think crash bars will protect this bike better than anything else out there right now. They can also be used to mount some high intensity auxiliary lighting which is a common mod. I have one foot on the streetfighter side of the aisle and the other on the adventurer side. Pete needs to make a decision. Since I bought Duke for early season riding some crash protection would be green well spent since odds of a crash are greater due to road conditions.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No e-mail from them yet. The price is very reasonable in USD and they claim to ship world-wide, but ....nobody is getting back on them

Maybe a fellow forum member from that region can help us out ??

21 - 40 of 73 Posts