KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
134 Euro for just shipping ??? That's 3 times the cost of the part !
I've paid about that before to get a non-US windshield from Italy to California. I wanted it so bad, I just paid it.

Group buy in the USA? Perhaps another in the UK?

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I've paid about that before to get a non-US windshield from Italy to California. I wanted it so bad, I just paid it.

Group buy in the USA? Perhaps another in the UK?
Yes , shipping costs are very often the deal breaker . Group buy is something I mentioned before and we ( EU buyers ) should maybe launch a tread here to gather potential buyers for such items .

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ugh, not good news at all. Got no response for my query but in light of this info I'll continue the quest to find yet another source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found another company from Italy called Red Racing and have contacted them to see if they can ship to USA. Seems like a cool unit as well.
Italy? These skidplates are not made in Italy. The company is called Red Racing Paddocks and Crashguard. Here is the fb page. I'm still waiting a response for shiping rates from these guys.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Italy? These skidplates are not made in Italy. The company is called Red Racing Paddocks and Crashguard. Here is the fb page. I'm still waiting a response for shiping rates from these guys.
That's good news and these plates are metal ! Great . Afraid shipping is going to be the issue .. as usual . :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
I WANT an IndiMotard skid plate!

I sent a message to them moments ago about shipping to California. I plan on purchasing more than one, so I guess I'm starting a group-buy.

Stay tuned.

Oh ... BTW, they cost about $25US.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
India-made bike accessories (eg Via Terra) are usually a good value for money. It's the shipping that sometimes can be exorbitant/prohibitive. That's where you need to negotiate a good deal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone been able to source the skid plate used on the Kunka concept bike? Seems to be made from plastic, I think it looks good, but can't find it anywhere!

·
Registered
90 Posts
@Tricki no and the kunkacorp.com site on google has "This site may harm your computer" notification
Hm, that's too bad. I sent KTM Thailand a message on fb more than half a year ago about the skid plate, but no reply from them. Maybe I'll just 3D-model and print one then ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I WANT an IndiMotard skid plate!

I sent a message to them moments ago about shipping to California. I plan on purchasing more than one, so I guess I'm starting a group-buy.

Stay tuned.

Oh ... BTW, they cost about $25US.
I contacted them also and the guy at IndiMotard told me that the skid plate shown is for the duke 200. They are designing one for the 390 though, so we might hear from them shortly. And i can confirm they relatively cheap, 2100Rupees so $40CAD or $31USD, and they ship worldwide.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I contacted them also and the guy at IndiMotard told me that the skid plate shown is for the duke 200. They are designing one for the 390 though, so we might hear from them shortly. And i can confirm they relatively cheap, 2100Rupees so $40CAD or $31USD, and they ship worldwide.
He told me "We have made some design changes to the D-390 bash plate, it it still in the testing stages."

Shipping costs to California are crushing -- almost $150US. When they are available, I'll inquire as to how much shipping would be for 5 or 10.

IMHO, if the cost in the US can be reduced to <$80 each, it would be inline with other skid plates.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts