KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently changed the front-tire of my Duke 390 (2017) and used some soapy water (maybe I've used to much water).
Yesterday after driving, I saw that soapy water came out of the rim (one day after the tire change).
What would you do? Do you think the soapy water will go away on its own? Do you think that it might damage the inside of the rim?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
There was probably just some excess moisture around the outside of tire bead that got thrown off/out when you rode. Likely just a one time thing, and once it's gone, it's gone...

It's extremely unlikely that any residual soapy water trapped inside the tire came out during riding. If it was, you'd be losing air pressure as well. Even if there was a LOT in there, as the tire rotates from riding, centrifugal force would push the liquid to the center of the tire tread and away from the wheel (furthest possible point from the axis of rotation).

Regardless, I can't imagine it would cause any damage inside the wheel, other than possibly (eventually) some rust in the valve core and/or stem...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts