KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Fellas and Gals,
Anybody know what the latest software version is?
My 2019 is showing 5v41 but I do my own servicing so I haven't plugged it into a dealer ...

·
Registered
230 Posts
The code could be anything, it may even be applicable only in certain markets.
So the UK has 5v41 and the USA 5v42
im in the USA - bought my bike a month ago new from the dealership i have 5V41

Maybe they will upgrade me when I go in for the 600 mile service ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks Varroa, When did you have your bike last serviced?
Got it back from warranty balancer shaft replacement a few weeks ago, after that it was 5v42. Before that, I went to the dealer specifically for the dashboard software upgrade, and got 5v41 back in October 2018.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Has anybody noticed any improvement in running after being updated with 5v42?

I read on another thread someone had gone from 5v39 to 5v42 and said the bike was much smoother at low RPM

I have 5v41. I wondered if it was worth taking the bike in and trying to get 5v42 loaded.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Am I right in thinking you find the software version listed in the service menu? If so, my 2019 bike has version 1V08 ???

·
Registered
688 Posts
I am guessing the software is continually updated.
The latest U.K. software won’t allow you to turn off the ABS as it did on earlier versions

If your bike runs fine then l wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Am I right in thinking you find the software version listed in the service menu? If so, my 2019 bike has version 1V08 ???
My 2019 is showing version 1V05? Also, just turned over 600 mile mark and service light came on. Am I safe in riding this thing now or stay off of it until I can get it to dealer. Also there is an odd number under service date. I don’t understand. The service date is way off too. Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Has anybody noticed any improvement in running after being updated with 5v42?

I read on another thread someone had gone from 5v39 to 5v42 and said the bike was much smoother at low RPM

I have 5v41. I wondered if it was worth taking the bike in and trying to get 5v42 loaded.

I doubt it. The 5v41/42 are the firmware versions for the dashboard/headlight unit. The ECU that controls the engine and everything else has separate firmware. Now it's possible that the dealer, when updating the dashboard firmware, also updated the ECU firmware, but the connection is not necessary.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In 2019 model they changed the TFT Screen so software versions will start with 1v**\

2017-2018 bikes got 5v42 for TFT - after geting all ecu/tft/headlight updates my bike seems to be a lot smoother at idle or lower rpms but still surges/jerks sometimes and i think on-off throttle got worse in my case comparing to before the update, far from perfect but definitely an improvement

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
My 2019 is showing version 1V05? Also, just turned over 600 mile mark and service light came on. Am I safe in riding this thing now or stay off of it until I can get it to dealer. Also there is an odd number under service date. I don’t understand. The service date is way off too. Any input is appreciated.
If I remember correctly my 2019 bike was also 1V05 on delivery. I assume it must have been updated to 1V08 at the first service at 630 miles. The bike has certainly been running a lot more smoothly at low speeds since the first service but I put this down to my fitting a Booster Plug just before I took it in. Perhaps the improvement is due to the software update, or the Booster Plug or a combination of both, but I don't really care as I am very satisfied with bike as it now is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I remember correctly my 2019 bike was also 1V05 on delivery. I assume it must have been updated to 1V08 at the first service at 630 miles. The bike has certainly been running a lot more smoothly at low speeds since the first service but I put this down to my fitting a Booster Plug just before I took it in. Perhaps the improvement is due to the software update, or the Booster Plug or a combination of both, but I don't really care as I am very satisfied with bike as it now is.
I rode it for a short bit today and got past the 621mile mark and it now allows me to set shift light points so that’s nice. When I take it in for first service are they still checking valve clearances or just basic oil change/check up/updates. I’ve been reading that KTM no longer requires the valve checks on first service?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, KTM say that the valve check is no longer required at 600 miles due to “improved manufacturing”

Get the service done then check the valves yourself when you get a chance.
They are easy to check, but not so easy to adjust.

If you find them out of specification (l checked mine at around 900miles and they were fine)
Then you could get them done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts