KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I did a solo run was back in 2012 and its always been more than one motorcycles after that. Apparently, the jitters was there and in my case, , as always the first 30-40kms is filled with some kind of confusion and doubts as to why am I riding alone. But then I start getting into the groove and enjoy the ride. This time had a holiday on May 1st and I decide to call off sick on 2nd meaning I had four days at hand. Was time to take the katoom for a long ride. Wanted to explore a new place and hence thought of Munnar in Kerala.
At the end of four days, the bike was 1300kms older and me, a bit tanned and happy to be back with some memories of strange, sometimes delightful and few occasions, really compassionate/helpful ones.

Few statistics on the ride:
Mostly rode in the 115-120s. Fuel average close to 30kmpl.
The longest stretch covered was 508kms. That took about 8hrs or riding including 2 in the hills.
Did not have to do anything for the Katoom, except fill up the tank multiple times and ride. So yes, it is **** reliable.

Munnar after a shower..

Explore!

Another shot of laid back town..

Early morning exit through a wildlife park..

Hugo Jr. posing proudly..

That's about it gentlemen, hope you enjoyed it ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
THANKS! I needed this post. On Friday my role was made redundant so Im currently just waiting out till the last day. Ive been thinking I need to do something to kick start a new path and an extended few days ride is exactly what I need. Got the map out as I type, Im gonna log this one so expect plenty of pics.
Some nice country and pics there Sid ;)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love that last shot!
Thanks mate!

THANKS! I needed this post. On Friday my role was made redundant so Im currently just waiting out till the last day. Ive been thinking I need to do something to kick start a new path and an extended few days ride is exactly what I need. Got the map out as I type, Im gonna log this one so expect plenty of pics.
Some nice country and pics there Sid ;)
I get you Dan. One ride can do **** lot of good to the mind. Clear some thoughts and helps flush some. I too am kinda at cross roads with questions all over :eek: Thanks for liking the pics..
Will wait for you log and pictures.. Ride safe and hard!

·
Registered
18 Posts
great pics!
seems like you had a lot of fun

Reactions: Sid

·
Registered
812 Posts
Good stuff, Sid. Drop to Ooty I said, it'll be fun you'll say. :)

Cheers!
VJ

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Omg i love that bags. Nice pics thanks :)
Great pics! Looks like it was a good trip.
Yeah, i love the panniers!
Gots to get me some!
great pics!
seems like you had a lot of fun
Thanks a lot all :) That ride was lot of fun.
The saddle bag is from Rynox Gears. Good quality.

Good stuff, Sid. Drop to Ooty I said, it'll be fun you'll say. :)

Cheers!
VJ
Thank you! Its been about 4 years since my last ride to Ooty.
Perhaps I should drop by, catch up and talk for hours about the bike over some good whiskey :)
By the way, noticed that you are a mod at xbhp - am there too. sudhir222.
Although I religiously follow the D390 thread, not active since ages.
Posted a video recently though.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thanks a lot all :)

Thank you! Its been about 4 years since my last ride to Ooty.
Perhaps I should drop by, catch up and talk for hours about the bike over some good whiskey :)
By the way, noticed that you are a mod at xbhp - am there too. sudhir222.
Although I religiously follow the D390 thread, not active since ages.
Posted a video recently though.
Would love to, and what's more better than catching up with an old chum, time spent well. Do let me know, if you plan to drop here.

Cheers!
VJ

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure thing, most likely will plan it in Nov, once am back from the BIG one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts