KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Spoke wheels - possibilities?

43K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Dafonman 
#1 ·
This may not be appealing to everyone here but for all those who love taking that ride to not-really-a-road stretches often, I think Duke's alloys are a nightmare.
Just thinking out loud - how easy or difficult would it be to install a 18" or 19" front spoked wheel and a 17" spokes for the rear?
We would also have to think about the ABS functionality with the new hubs.
I have seen some D200s with front spokes, custom built for the Raid de Himalayas but none whatsoever with the rear.

This mod would be a baby step towards the Adventure version.

#31 ·
This may not be appealing to everyone here but for all those who love taking that ride to not-really-a-road stretches often, I think Duke's alloys are a nightmare.
Just thinking out loud - how easy or difficult would it be to install a 18" or 19" front spoked wheel and a 17" spokes for the rear?
We would also have to think about the ABS functionality with the new hubs.
I have seen some D200s with front spokes, custom built for the Raid de Himalayas but none whatsoever with the rear.

This mod would be a baby step towards the Adventure version.
I reckon the spoked ones from the Vitpilen/Svartpilen 401 will transfer directly over. The Svart 401 has dual purpose tires to boot. 2017 onwards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.