KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
I've done the reverse when converting dirt bikes to motards, If you find wheels the have the same size axle so you don't need to muck around changing bearings and it helps & if the offset from the centre of the wheel to the sprocket and disc is similar that also saves alot of mucking around.

This is the main reason why I want a Duke 390. I want to build myself a "scrambler". Weird how sometimes people get the same idea. Also, according to the 690 enduro specs, the forks have the same outside diameter. Would be easy to just swap out forks (maybe from a crashed one on ebay ) then install the spoke wheels made for the 690. I would imagine the same can be done with the swing arm. Anyways, here is a great example of what it can look like.

Surely someone here could find out themselves or know someone that would? I too am looking to swap to wire spokes for touring in the Himalayas.

This may not be appealing to everyone here but for all those who love taking that ride to not-really-a-road stretches often, I think Duke's alloys are a nightmare.
Just thinking out loud - how easy or difficult would it be to install a 18" or 19" front spoked wheel and a 17" spokes for the rear?
We would also have to think about the ABS functionality with the new hubs.
I have seen some D200s with front spokes, custom built for the Raid de Himalayas but none whatsoever with the rear.

This mod would be a baby step towards the Adventure version.
I reckon the spoked ones from the Vitpilen/Svartpilen 401 will transfer directly over. The Svart 401 has dual purpose tires to boot. 2017 onwards

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.