KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring's Duke belongs to:

ultradoux (KTM Duke 390 Forum - View Profile: ultradoux).

ultradoux had cleaned up his Duke just for his spring photos. Not only is his ride gorgeous, it's also got some neat mods.

Please check them out. Absolutely stunning.

Mods:

removed unwanted parts
powerparts healight with led bulb
powerparts front seat
powerparts tankpad
Pirelli MT60RS corsa tires
+2t rear sprocket MNNTHBX
G2 quickturn throttle
Renthal dual compound grips
BMC air filter
Powertronics unit
R6 rear shock
replaced rear brake oil reservoir

To do list:

have the R6 shock reworked
work on the front suspension
make an exhaust that fits in the original place
find me a KTM dealer that is willing to put the Akra-map in the bike's cpu

and ultradoux himself:

Congratulations :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
removal of the dorky ktm graphics makes a huge difference!
Are you suggesting that the many members on here (like me) who choose not to remove their graphics obviously prefer what is 'dorky' and are therefore - by association - 'dorks?'

Still, at least graphics are easily sorted (and what a relief you've come along to point out our huge mistake) it's those SV1000 owners I feel sorry for ! I mean that whole bike just screams dorky doesn't it, would take alot more than removing a few stickers to sort one of those out.

EDIT - JUST SEEN YOUR OTHER THREAD ;). turns out you own a SV1000!!!!!!

Couldn't look at it for more than a second - even the front tyre, oil cooler and rear disc bolts are dorky, sorting that would be hard, so relieved I've just got graphics to deal with.

On the upside - at least we've got dorkiness in common, so welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
It looks a lot less like a kid's bike with the busy graphics gone. The only reason I don't take them off of my bike, is I may sell it one day. I want it to be all original. I figure it's worth the most money, all original.

The tires give it a Dual Sport look. I like it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
It looks a lot less like a kid's bike with the busy graphics gone.
Must admit when I got mine, there was a slight feeling I'd just bought a kid's toy :laugh:

However, was more down to the garish (and not beautifully finished) frame & wheels and the smallish dimensions, though the graphics hardly helped admittedly.

The black ones seem to suit the de-stickered look better, although I think the tank still needs a Duke or KTM logo at the very least.

I've toned my white one down a little by removing the belly pan, together with a pillion peg delete I think it improves the look quite a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@ultradoux

I would like to see some details of your rear brake reservoir.

I have also done the R6 shock mod' and currently have the reservoir cable tied to the frame as the R6 shock nitrogen reservoir prevents refitting on the original bracket.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hey Crystaljohn ,

I also used a tie-rap to stick it to to frame , but on the other side of the downward frame-tube .
Very " not pro ", but it's simple and it works ;-)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Neat Mods and good looks, really like those all terrain tires. But removing the engine underbelly will make it collect all kinds of muck and the chrome plate in the exhaust looks cool when it is on. It also needs a decent radiator guard along with a front mud guard extender. Xtreme vision plus 130% is also a good upgrade over LEDs. Well it might be practical for you in your country, but in Assam, India where roads are 9 times out of 10 dirty and muddy a bike without those parts seems to be a nightmare to maintain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts