KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 KTM 390 Duke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the service light pop up at the beginning of the install and swap.

Not sure if theres anything to be concerned about s there is no service interval that the bike is at (that im aware of)

Its a 2019 with 3324 on the odo.

Am I going to have to take it to a dealership to get the service light cleared or is there another more pressing issue?

Any insigh would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Service intervals are time or mileage whichever comes first. Even low mileage bikes need regular servicing.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Have you bled the radiator correctly or is there air trapped in it?
With air in the cooling system, the temp readings are not correct.

Or as Marius remarked, time for your service ;)

I noticed the service light pop up at the beginning of the install and swap.

Not sure if theres anything to be concerned about s there is no service interval that the bike is at (that im aware of)

Its a 2019 with 3324 on the odo.

Am I going to have to take it to a dealership to get the service light cleared or is there another more pressing issue?

Any insigh would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
813 Posts
lt's possible to reset the service light yourself, and you can also set the mileage it next appears at.
But as already said, if it's 12 months since it was last serviced, then get it serviced (or do it yourself) before resetting the indicator.

·
Registered
2019 KTM 390 Duke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Service intervals are time or mileage whichever comes first. Even low mileage bikes need regular servicing.
Checked for service intervals and i don't believe im at one that's the confusing part unfortunately

·
Registered
2019 KTM 390 Duke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you bled the radiator correctly or is there air trapped in it?
With air in the cooling system, the temp readings are not correct.

Or as Marius remarked, time for your service ;)
that's possible i'll have to double check that but was going to bring it into a dealership to get an evaluation regardless too

·
Registered
2019 KTM 390 Duke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When was it last serviced?
don't entirely know, owner said he did his own oil changes and got the first service done after the break in but im assuming its long enough to where it would need it. Taking it to the dealership today to get a conclusive answer (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Marius, would you know if it is possible to check services done by a KTM dealer via an OBD2 scanner? Probably only useful on first-Gen bikes.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Marius, would you know if it is possible to check services done by a KTM dealer via an OBD2 scanner? Probably only useful on first-Gen bikes.
As far as I’m aware service records are held on the KTM systems directly and accessed by dealers for enquiry and update. There is no separate record stored on the bike. Certainly when I enquired with my local dealer who had never seen the bike, he checked the records on his computer system.

·
Registered
2019 KTM 390 Duke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I’m aware service records are held on the KTM systems directly and accessed by dealers for enquiry and update. There is no separate record stored on the bike. Certainly when I enquired with my local dealer who had never seen the bike, he checked the records on his computer system.
Problem has been solved. Turns out it was a time thing. I did all the services myself when i first got the bike so they cleared it for me and all is good!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Problem has been solved. Turns out it was a time thing. I did all the services myself when i first got the bike so they cleared it for me and all is good!
When you do your own servicing go into the tft menu and reset the service interval. You don’t need a dealer to do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts