KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has some guidance if they are my size (6'6 and 260lbs) or around my size, about the KTM 390 duke, i sat on 2020 a couple of times this year, it doesn't feel awkward although a friend of mine said i look like a shriner and I'm trying to decide if this bike would be up my alley. I have no interest in going fast and not a fan of cruisers/adventure bikes, no appeal to me. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am a little shorter than you and about the same weight and I am happy with the Duke.
I also often ride with my (small) girlfriend on the back, no problem.
Obviously the bike should be setup for your weight. The KTM guys did that for me when I bought my bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you looked at the husvarna Svartpilen 401? It has the same drivetrain as the 390 but a more upright ride position which suits a bigger guy. I’ve had both and like them both a lot but like the Husqvarna more. But don’t bother with the Vitpilen 401 version which has lower bars, harsher ride and is more uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up until i read your post i have never heard of a Husqvarna Svartpilen 401. Had to look it up. I have no dealers in my area that sell Husqvarna, unless i want a chainsaw. leaning towards a 390 at the moment. I was talking with the local KTM dealer here and they said they would have no problem with setting the bike up for my size.

·
Registered
613 Posts
6'2" 260 here. The Duke 390 has been fine for me.

Reactions: Ede

·
Registered
795 Posts
It takes some getting used to. Adjusting your rear sag helps and if you can get some handlebar risers (if you require them) makes life easy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has some guidance if they are my size (6'6 and 260lbs) or around my size, about the KTM 390 duke, i sat on 2020 a couple of times this year, it doesn't feel awkward although a friend of mine said i look like a shriner and I'm trying to decide if this bike would be up my alley. I have no interest in going fast and not a fan of cruisers/adventure bikes, no appeal to me. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I'm 5'7" 175.
The bike is perfect size for me.
It's a great bike in general.
But it seems to me that it might be a little small for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 6’5” and 255 and it does just fine... honestly I look big on the bike but I don’t feel big when riding if that makes sense. It won’t break any zero to 60 records with a guy like me on the back, but that said it has plenty of zip and I cruise at freeway speeds 75-80 mph no problem on it. It’s a great bike!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm 5'7" 175.
The bike is perfect size for me.
It's a great bike in general.
But it seems to me that it might be a little small for you?
Can you put both of your feet flat on the ground on the bike without any modification? I guess not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts