KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just got my Duke 390, I can't see an obvious place to mount a tax disc holder.
Does anyone have any good ideas?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Haha its like a registration label to let "The Man" know your legal on the roads. In the U.K they use the disc while in Aus we use a rectangle.
Im insure your laws but you could screw it into the rear swingarm slot where the Sari goes on the Indian models?
Or you could remove one of the front fender bolts, Im guessing you have to have them on the left as well?
From Oct 10 we no longer have these as we have number plate recognition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan1. I like your idea of attaching it to the swingarm, it can bolt on under the paddock stand bobbins.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been told it should be on the front 1/3 of the bike before. (I had mine bolted towards the rear of the bike at the time)

My Duke came with a cheapy holder bolted to one of the mudguard mounts but I took it off and got a waterproof tube type holder and mounted it to a threaded hole on the frame beside the engine with a bolt and small spacer.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thats freaky, "Queensland" and the "U.K" changing the same law so close to each other??

We dont have to worry wether its front or back on the left hand side but there is height limits. Be glad when its gone.
The clear tubes are brilliant but they are illegal in a few states here, I had one until it changed......back to ugliness.

·
Registered
573 Posts
mine is just about 1inch by 2 inch rectangular, we have those plastic waterproof cover, many of us here use to put the key and the tax disc together ... or bolt it under rear seat because anything outside is prone to vandalism

1 - 11 of 11 Posts