KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I had the misfortune of having to take my bike back to the dealer today as the clutch was shot after only 1900 miles but still all fixed now and I bought some hand guards 馃榿
The weather in my part of the UK was terrible a 90 mile ride to the dealer, I left the house at 0830 at -1 degree as the clutch was slipping I decided to go down the motorway as after all it would stay in one gear nearly all the way I thought but no shed loads of hold ups for the first 20 miles.
The first 60 miles of the journey were in this freezing cold fog that was kind of a brown tinge due to all the rubbish on the roads.
My journey home was a bit better as came back across country through all the villages nice ride apart from even more rubbish being thrown up the last 20 miles were on the motorway with no street lamps a visor and mirrors that had mor dirt on them then clear bits and a head lamp that was that dirty that a candle was more powerful
BUT THE GOOD BITS.
I鈥檓 alive!
The bike is fixed.
Even after all the bad bits I LOVED THE BIKE it was a fantastic ride even after 180 mile total ride no aches or pain(apart from frost bite).
Finally the bike looks that bad I can spend a couple of hours tomorrow lovingly cleaning it馃憤
A truly great bike well pleased.

Registered
You truely have cold weather. Down south, over here we are now seeing 40+C... which can be as bad. I'm glad they fixed your clutch!! Regards!

Registered
That鈥檚 an impressive ride out in those weather conditions on a naked (no fairings or screen) bike.

Glad you got it fixed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the bike a few months ago used with 1600 miles on it, I was going to get a new one but it had about 拢600 worth of extras for 拢3500, 18 months only and in mint condition if the plate wasn鈥檛 on it you would say it was new.
The only thing I can think is that it was the previous owners first bike and may be they kept the clutch just in or just weren鈥檛 good with the clutch, the box seems nice and smooth.
I did around 90 miles coming back and the new clutch seemed fine.
I have to say I love this bike.
Thanks

Registered
I can.

鈥淚 have to say l REALLY love this bike鈥

And l do. It鈥檚 fast enough and really light (for a motorcycle)
Plus it looks fantastic, and seems as well made as anything else in the same category.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts