KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has hardly been ridden, never ridden in the rain, and has been stored indoors since the first TFT unit was replaced. Today I went for a short ride, and there was moisture in 3 corners of the screen, with water trickling down from the top left to bottom left corner. The weather was sunny and quite cool. I've just sent photos of this to the dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine has hardly been ridden, never ridden in the rain, and has been stored indoors since the first TFT unit was replaced. Today I went for a short ride, and there was moisture in 3 corners of the screen, with water trickling down from the top left to bottom left corner. The weather was sunny and quite cool. I've just sent photos of this to the dealer.
That's my experience too.
I had a TFT screen replaced at the local KTM dealer, and a day later the new screen was just as bad.
I have reported this latesdt failure to the dealer, and they're keeping the email on file, so that I can make another warranty claim in the spring.
Did KTM ever test this screen?

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's my experience too.
I had a TFT screen replaced at the local KTM dealer, and a day later the new screen was just as bad.
I have reported this latest failure to the dealer, and they're keeping the email on file, so that I can make another warranty claim in the spring.
Did KTM ever test this screen?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So as mine told the dealer said they can change it but will happen again☹
Come on ktm do something about it must be costly for them.
I have two bikes and does it on both going to keep having them changed underwaranty till they are fed up with me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am told by Fowlers in Bristol that KTM have revised the screen due to the moisture problem. New screens should be available shortly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes I have one the supposedly fixed ones. Still waiting to see if it has fixed the problems. So far so good.
Good news, Gordeh.
I had my last TFT screen replaced at Fowler's, and the manager did indicate that a new screen was on its way.
I'll get in touch come spring, and get my current useless screen changed.
:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes I have one the supposedly fixed ones. Still waiting to see if it has fixed the problems. So far so good.
Called in to my dealer today mentioning the screen, the parts manager was unaware of this issue so he checked the part number of the 2017/18 against the 2019 bike and yes they are different, so there is hope yet ?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Called in to my dealer today mentioning the screen, the parts manager was unaware of this issue so he checked the part number of the 2017/18 against the 2019 bike and yes they are different, so there is hope yet ?

I need to check the part number on mine to see if it is actually a different part number.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ok exactly the same part numbers, the only difference is the software 5v42 on the new one. Hardware version is C on both

Month apart on build date apart from that no changes that I can see. I need to get some nicer weather for a ride to see if I can get the new one tested better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my 2018 390 Duke upgraded to 5v42 today at the dealer under warranty! No moisture issues here yet.

No idea if there's something new in this version or just to record the year change from 2018 to 2019

·
Registered
100 Posts
When my dealer looked on the ktm parts list the 2019 dukes screen's part no had the three last digits different from the 2017/18.
If that's anything to go by who knows��

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took my bike out in the cold today and had copious moisture in the display. This is the second one after the first was replace under warranty on the first service. The new one has never been exposed to rain or water. I'll call my dealer next week about getting a new one.
JP

·
Registered
108 Posts
The cynic in me is saying that KTM is putting the returned TFT displays in a dehumidifier, and sending them back to dealers to use in warranty claims.
I was going to contact Fowlers come spring time to get my 2nd display replaced, but it may be futile.
Perhaps KTM is going to let the clock run out on our two year warranty - what then?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also been having moisture issues here, just got a call from my dealer, replacement screen is in. Going to drop it off for first service and see what comes back.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Perhaps KTM is going to let the clock run out on our two year warranty - what then?
Don't see how they can legally avoid this. As the problem was a manufacturing defect that hasn't been resolved. So even if the warranty is up they still need to actually fix the original issue.

Given the number of people who have had this issues, it would be a trivial case to take to the small claims court if they dared to go down that route.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts