KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took the bike out Saturday evening and the screen had moisture inside. 330 miles on a 2018. Purchased about two months ago new. Bike has never been in the rain or washed and is garage kept. Pretty disappointing. Will be taking into dealer soon to complain. I sure hope KTM figures this **** out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Took the bike out Saturday evening and the screen had moisture inside. 330 miles on a 2018. Purchased about two months ago new. Bike has never been in the rain or washed and is garage kept. Pretty disappointing. Will be taking into dealer soon to complain. I sure hope KTM figures this **** out.

Well that is pretty sh1t

I thought that having a screen would solve it - and it has for my 390 but it looks like you have a screen?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well that is pretty sh1t

I thought that having a screen would solve it - and it has for my 390 but it looks like you have a screen?

Yep. I have the Puig knock-off windscreen.

Reactions: lcjohnny

·
Registered
711 Posts
That’s pretty poor.
I wonder where this water is coming from, if the bike has never been wet and is kept in a garage.
And why it never seems to happen on new bikes sat in the dealer’s showroom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope there are no strict rules against reviving an old thread, but since it's relevant so be it. I have the new 390 Adventure and my screen has a little moisture inside on the bottom-right side (as of now) so clearly they have not fixed the issue.

(Also, the display turned off once while riding and turned back on again after I shut down and restarted the bike, but that's another discussion.)

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Yeah man,

I started this thread and after two TFTs, countless ODO resets, weird shut offs, error messages and fear of the motor exploding I got rid of the 390 Duke I had. It was such a fun and beautiful bike but absolute **** quality. I lost trust in the bike and I'd never own another 390 again.

There's a 2018 690 at my local dealer that I'm eyeing but I had more trouble with that 390 then I had with all my previous bikes combined so it's a decision nim struggling to make.

Hard to believe they still haven't fixed the TFT moisture issue. Enjoy the adventure! How you liking it?

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear some of the same stories around what you shared about the 390! The 390 Duke was actually the first bike I took on the road after my MSF course and I loved it. It was a rental, but it set the bar pretty high for any other subsequent bikes.

I figured some of the engine overheating issues would be solved in the Adventure since they added a second fan. So far so good on that front. I only have 250km on it, so we'll see what long-term reliability is like.

Minor issues aside, I like it a lot but I won't hesitate to call BS if it starts failing me in a big way just because I bought it.

Time will tell.

But yeah, crazy they haven't fixed the condensation issue!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hope there are no strict rules against reviving an old thread, but since it's relevant so be it. I have the new 390 Adventure and my screen has a little moisture inside on the bottom-right side (as of now) so clearly they have not fixed the issue.

(Also, the display turned off once while riding and turned back on again after I shut down and restarted the bike, but that's another discussion.)
That Sucks! , I have a 2019 model just bought it past December and I am afraid at some point this will happen :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah man,

I started this thread and after two TFTs, countless ODO resets, weird shut offs, error messages and fear of the motor exploding I got rid of the 390 Duke I had. It was such a fun and beautiful bike but absolute **** quality. I lost trust in the bike and I'd never own another 390 again.

There's a 2018 690 at my local dealer that I'm eyeing but I had more trouble with that 390 then I had with all my previous bikes combined so it's a decision nim struggling to make.

Hard to believe they still haven't fixed the TFT moisture issue. Enjoy the adventure! How you liking it?

So sad....

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have no problem with moisture, but I do get random reboots of it, and twice now it's died completely until I restart the bike.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My TFT display has been fine.

l did post on here some months ago that KTM has a modification to prevent water ingress, but the post was ignored.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I haven't experienced any on my '16 but there is evidence it has suffered it from staining on the underside of the screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else with a 2017 have moisture appear behind the plastic screen on the TFT? I live in a maritime climate and it's always very humid but the past few days have been ridiculous (above 90% humidity). I was out of town for a few days so my bike was parked in my garage with a dehumidifier going. Today I took a rip to the grocery store and on the way home noticed moisture behind the screen of the TFT. I tried to get photos but it's difficult to capture it. You can see it along the edge and on the corners. Anyone else experience this?
This is happening to me on my 2020 Duke. I have a call in to the KTM dealer.

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 390 w/RapidBike Evo ECU piggyback
23 Posts
Anyone else with a 2017 have moisture appear behind the plastic screen on the TFT? I live in a maritime climate and it's always very humid but the past few days have been ridiculous (above 90% humidity). I was out of town for a few days so my bike was parked in my garage with a dehumidifier going. Today I took a rip to the grocery store and on the way home noticed moisture behind the screen of the TFT. I tried to get photos but it's difficult to capture it. You can see it along the edge and on the corners. Anyone else experience this?
I have the same problem on the 2019 Duke 390. Did you have your TFT replaced?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I have the same problem on the 2019 Duke 390. Did you have your TFT replaced?
Yes but the second one leaked too. I ended up selling the 390 as it was a problematic bike for me.

Still have a 690 though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My TFT display has been fine.

l did post on here some months ago that KTM has a modification to prevent water ingress, but the post was ignored.
Hey Ligntning... can you remember where, can you link to the post? I never saw it either, and I was/am curious what they did, or what they recommended!

Thanks again!

101 - 120 of 121 Posts