KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon Had to get some spare parts for my Husky and as 90% of the parts are identical to the KTM equivalent and 5% cheaper as bonus ..
They had the '17 125 & 390 Duke and RC's in the show room .
Took a couple of pictures .

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
You forgot to mention that you rode off on one =D

·
Registered
321 Posts
After looking at the pics, I noticed there's no mirrors. Is that an option in Spain or did they forget to install them???

·
Registered
916 Posts
After looking at the pics, I noticed there's no mirrors. Is that an option in Spain or did they forget to install them???
Doesn't look it's been PDI'd yet. Gauges still bagged up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If white is faster than black, what about orange? :)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The pillion peg struts now are steel tubing rather than cast alloy - this may contribute to the unwelcome 2017 weight gain. And under the pillion struts is a finned item that appears to be a heat sink for an electronic regulator/rectifier. I wonder why they felt they had to change/improve that aspect of the Gen1 electrical system : To my knowledge, it has never been problematic.

And what is the strange apparatus apparently stuck to the front of the rear tire hugger?

Excluding the convoluted exhaust system, it's quite a nice-looking bike. Some very worthwhile improvements, but also some regrettable backward steps.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
And what is the strange apparatus apparently stuck to the front of the rear tire hugger?
I think there's stuff rubber-banded on, not fully unpacked yet.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
In the top row of photos, look at the 4th photo from the left: attached to the tire hugger, just behind the rear shock, is a mysterious item that appears to have a bright-colored cover. Unclear whether this package is permanently affixed or just a temporary stash waiting for dealer assembly/prep. The pillion struts and apparent regulator heat sink appear in the far-right photo in the top row.

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the top row of photos, look at the 4th photo from the left: attached to the tire hugger, just behind the rear shock, is a mysterious item that appears to have a bright-colored cover. Unclear whether this package is permanently affixed or just a temporary stash waiting for dealer assembly/prep. The pillion struts and apparent regulator heat sink appear in the far-right photo in the top row.
Got you Will , no that is only a light orange coloured tape holding the passenger foot pegs folded up

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Heard from a reputable local motorcycle race shop this weekend that not only the '17 Duke 390 may NOT be coming to NA due to pending legislation trade changes. If in fact it does make it here, '17 might be the last year. Supposedly, it's not just the 390's but KTM as a whole. Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
What was the source of the dealer's information? With the proliferation of fake news/propaganda/manipulative reports since the recent Presidential campaign and election in the US, credible sources are increasingly rare.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good question, I will inquire and get back to you asap!

1 - 20 of 310 Posts