KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
CRG LaneSplitters showed up today. Very happy with them. They provide better situational awareness than the OEM mirrors. And look a **** of a lot better.

FWIW, I weighed the stock bar ends vs. the bar end adapters/mirrors.
OEM bar end: 8.440 oz / 239g
OEM mirror: 11.075 oz / 314g

Rhino bar end adapter: 4.210 oz / 119g
CRG mirror: 4.030 oz / 114g
(sum 8.240 oz / 234g)

New bar end/mirror is 0.200 oz / 6g less than OEM bar end.
Total weight loss 22.550 oz / 639g, or 1.4 lbs less. Does it seem to wheelie easier, or is it just me?

Before/After

·
Registered
75 Posts
It looked to be snoozing for about 7 months until I came across it a couple weeks ago. Picture threads are timeless, post away.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did a quick search on here and did not come across anyone mentioning that the left and right mirrors are not symmetric (pic below). The right side is longer than the left. No big deal. Also noticed, the vertical posts are not equally aligned in regard to the left and right levers - if you align the mirror posts, the clutch lever is positioned much lower than the brake lever. Annoying. This, combined with the before/after shots, and the fact that you can't see anything behind you using the OEM mirrors without altering your riding position, the stock mirrors are simply horrendous.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Did a quick search on here and did not come across anyone mentioning that the left and right mirrors are not symmetric (pic below). The right side is longer than the left. No big deal. Also noticed, the vertical posts are not equally aligned in regard to the left and right levers - if you align the mirror posts, the clutch lever is positioned much lower than the brake lever. Annoying. This, combined with the before/after shots, and the fact that you can't see anything behind you using the OEM mirrors without altering your riding position, the stock mirrors are simply horrendous.

View attachment 51241
I've had these extenders on forever. Make a huge difference.

·
Registered
339 Posts

View attachment 51241
There is a reason for the non symmetry of the mirror arms. That would be that the clutch and brake perches that the mirrors screw into, are not equidistant from the tips/ends of the handlebars. Due to this, the mirror arms are of unequal lengths, so that when mounted the mirror heads are at the same position from one side to the other

Reactions: varroa

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great ride today. It's warming up enough and roads getting cleaned up from leftover winter salt that I can really start leaning into the corners. So much fun. Also getting off the beaten path.

edit: First time seeing another Duke 390 on the road!

341 - 360 of 395 Posts