KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread that can be used to give tips on what we all do to our bikes. I reckon theres always a better way to do things its just that your not aware of it.
I will add to this but heres some things I done today.

Ive been getting a vibration somewhere around the left side under the tank shroud, because I had the bike plastics striped I went right through the wiring and connections making sure to cable tie everything away from the frame or other parts. I also did this just to be certain, you can see the black tape along the top of the black piece. This slides into a slot in the white piece, figured better to do it now incase it is the problem.

Ive also always done this with my filter since opening the box to replace the OEM unit when I got the bike, the top box has crap seal and a lot of dirt gets around the edge of the filter areas (its not coming from the snorkle). With some grease added to the thin seam it gives a proper seal and a better peace of mind.

Havent ridden the bike yet, will post when I do. Its waaaay too clean at the moment and Ive arranged to get some pics done of it.....will post those too!

One more quick tip, I always get asked how I keep the plastics so clean on all of the bikes, Mr Sheen furniture polish......yes Im serious. Spray on and wipe, let dry then polish with a white cotton shirt.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Define "crap seal" please, I'm trying hard to get my head around this. Also the top box is kinda confusing. You meant to say OE seal or after the mod the seal is not well. :confused:

Pictures and stuff will be much appreciated. You

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Another way to keep plastics clean is to use automotive tire shine, you might have to 'cut' it with water as some of them can be really thick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts