KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking to upgrade my 2nd bike which I keep for friends to use. It's been a fun, reliable bike but is now getting older so am thinking of trading up to a newer model. What will I notice better or different by doing so? If it's good I will start looking for a newer bike but if not I will just keep the current bike. Thanks so much.

· Registered
38 Posts
The newer bikes feel diffeent in power, likely due to different mapping to pass emissions. You have a more forward stance on newer bikes but they are very similar overall. I think the early bike had cylinder heads more likely to develop head gasket issues ass well. I like the TFT display and look personally but that is just my take on it.

· Registered
2015 duke 200, Previous bike (2009 er6n Kawasaki, 1982 honda nighthawk cb450)
127 Posts
I've never ridden the newer ones, but sat on them and talked to few owners. the look a bit more soft in seat suspension and ride. I think the more exposed frame is cool, the light looks f in weird as ****. and I think they technically are heavier and have like a few less horse. But it probably doesn't matter. I don't think you'll notice that much different unless you go to a significant cc increase or something. Try doing fun upgrades to your current bike? Sprockett remap exhause ect.

· Administrator
2,667 Posts
My 2cents.
If you want your friends to have the best riding experience possible on the 1st or 2nd series 390, upgrade the suspension front & rear and put a 140 tyre on the rear rim.
If you want to impress them more, install a Rapid Bike Race and a DNA air filter (pull the snorkel off).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts