KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just out of interest, what are your expectations with those titanium parts? Why do you think about them?

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ede, back in Europe I was racing and preparing classic race cars under the HARC regulations.
These regulations are very restrictive and only very little you could get away with.
One thing to get an advantage over the competition with is to lighten as many as (fast) moving parts as possible.
As I am accustomed to high revving engines (car or bike) I tend to stick more to the top half of revving country on the Duke than probably most do, also as I do not (hardly) use my Duke in cities/towns.
The most restrictive part in the Duke for revving high(er) is the valve spring retainer weight and the valve spring tension.
A positive side effect is that these retainers take a more common shim diameter (widely available).
I shall not be taking my engine apart only to fit these but will wait till the time has come to overhaul the engine.
I also plan to fit their higher compression gasket kit featuring a copper cylinder head gasket.
Basically just to play around as you do with the Dukes electronics that I know nothing of ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks, that's interesting.
I also like high revving engines. I would think about buying a Ninja ZX-25R if I wouldn't have a Duke already.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ede, if not mistaken you ride in Bangkok, right?
You ever get out of town, for example, have you been on the loops in the north?
My excitement is the 1 cyl, over 6 - 6,500rpm when it really starts to go.
Hope the borders open soon, I'll come to see you in the Big Mango ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ede, if not mistaken you ride in Bangkok, right?
You ever get out of town, for example, have you been on the loops in the north?
My excitement is the 1 cyl, over 6 - 6,500rpm when it really starts to go.
Hope the borders open soon, I'll come to see you in the Big Mango ;)
99% inner city Bangkok for me.
For my taste there are simply too many crazy drivers and riders in Thailand. The few times when I go up country I am in a bus and looking out of the front window at the driving style that is scary enough for me.
Obviously it is also dangerous in Bangkok but mostly I know what to expect.
Or as Bruce Willis used to say: I am getting too old for this [email protected]#.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Current link

I have them, but not yet installed. Probably have them put in at the 15k km valve check.

Reactions: KTMasean
1 - 7 of 7 Posts