KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

On Friday my 2020 390 duke which I've had from new started tapping on top end of engine (warrenty ran out in march),
luckily i was only about 1.5 miles from home so got it home steadily and left it for the night.

Saturday morning I took the rocker cover off to see if there was anything obvious and check the valve clearances.

I'll let The pictures do the talking but just note theres only 4500 miles on this bike.

Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle Household hardware Gear

Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Metal Font

Jeans Hand Leg Automotive tire Human body

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Nickel Auto part Gear

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks like you may have clogged oilers...... Bummer! I would definitely check these... I recall someone on another thread had that issue also.

Automotive tire Light Rim Sports equipment Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I called the KTM dealer i got the bike from today and forwarded these pictures after speaking to them, he's going to see if they can do it as a good will but I'm not too hopful tbh.

He said he's only seen it once and it turned out to be one of the oil pumps fail. There have been no pressure warning lights etc.

Cheers steve

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dang that sucks! How much are a new set of cams? How do the retainers look? Really, as long as your journal bearings on the head are fine you shouldn't be too bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts