KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2019 KTM 390 Duke to ride scenic, twisty and fun two lane roads within a few hundred miles of where I live. I don't want to ride in the city or highways to get to those roads so I bought a compact towing system that so far has worked well for me. My towing method is the MoTow (Home - MOTOW). While being very compact, it allows me to tow my bike by lifting the rear wheel and securing the front wheel with ratchet straps. Here is what it looks like:

As you can see the device is all stainless steel. I use an 18 volt drill to raise and lower the bike. So far I've towed the bike about 1,000 miles with no problems. I do have a camera mounted on the back of the truck to keep an eye on things. This system is not cheap at over $700 but quality is excellent. If you order they will want you to specify your rear tire size so that they can match the bracket to your rear tire. The system is made for a two inch trailer hitch. You will also need to know the height of your hitch to get the correct unit.

The 390 Duke is made for twisty two lane mountain or valley roads IMO. Highway riding at 75 mph for hours is not pleasant and can be dangerous. Riding in the city is OK but not really fun. With this system I go to where the riding is fun, dismount the bike and I'm on my way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you use a different front tire? I would think you're going to square it off at 75 on the highway. Cool concept, never seen it before.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What kind of side cases do you have? I like the look of those.
They are shad semi rigid. They are very wide so I've took them off now.

·
Registered
567 Posts
They are shad semi rigid. They are very wide so I've took them off now.

Ah, yeah. I looked at those. They look great from the side, but when I finally found a pic of them from the rear I ruled them out for looking too big.

Reactions: Charles

·
Registered
164 Posts
That’s great, can l ask how you get the bike on to the rack, does it lower so you can wheel it on, or do you have a ramp?
Thank you.
Part of the rack is the ramp at the back. I run the engine so the bike takes itself up 😎👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm agreeing that the bike is light enough that it can be put on a carrier with no issues. Just make sure the tongue weight rating of your vehicle is 500lbs+ to be safe. It even clears my spare without a problem. This rack is mostly aluminum and can be had at Harbor Freight for under $150. I paid $114 after tax, with coupon.

Sent from my S3_Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts