KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just bought my first Duke 390 2014. The jerking in low speed is bothering me a bit, since I do a lot of city riding. Which tuning box do people recommend, and what is the most cost effective option? Is there any horsepower increase on these powerboxes? The bike is completly stock, although I’m considering an aftermarket exhaust setup.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rapidbike easy is probably your best option . No performance gain, just smoothes out the fuelling at low revs.

Powertronic if you plan to remove the cat

·
Registered
502 Posts
Or RapidBike Evo if you cat delete etc or one of the other boxes. Or just don’t ride it at low revs. Even with a box I’m almost never below 4,000 revs.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
Do a search on the forum.
One of our sponsors is having a deal with the Bazzaz units.
Normally USD 350 and now with a 25% discount using the discount code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a Powertronic in hopes that it would stop the lurching below 4500.
It helped but not much. Overall performance was increased noticeably.
I then added 15% fuel 2500 to 3500 up to about 20% throttle.As long as I modulated throttle a bit it was ok.
I welded in a bung to the mid exhaust pipe and added a wide band air/fuel meter to fine tune it.
The final fix was using a potentiometer (voltage divider) as a voltage reducer from the o2 sensor.
So the CHEAP FIX is a few dollars for a potentiometer. However it make your bike richer in all the closed loop area which will hurt fuel consumption a bit. I am going to add another potentiometer and a couple dtdp switches so i can change from a rich city mixture to a leaner highway mix for fuel economy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts