KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased two 390s and were disappointed to learn that the quick shifter + wasn't even an option on our 390s. They make the parts, they come standard in India (maybe other markets) but we can't even order them as add-ons? Can we order parts from India? Are they planning on releasing a kit for the US market? This option was a solid reason why we considered the bikes in the first place, and although we are still happy with our purchases, this was a bit of a bummer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dude! Are you doing Mr Bill, from Saturday Night Live? :ROFLMAO:

Oh god, glad to see your sensa humor's back! (y)

Can we order parts from India?
That's a no. There is also software programming that goes with it, integrated into the IPC and engine controller... so it's more complicated than that.
From what I understand about it, from several reviewers abroad, it didn't work all that well anyway.

And oh heck, we don't get the ZX250R either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a no. There is also software programming that goes with it, integrated into the IPC and engine controller... so it's more complicated than that.
From what I understand about it, from several reviewers abroad, it didn't work all that well anyway.

And oh heck, we don't get the ZX250R either.
Fair point. I knew that it was software and hardware, the dealership said it was an option on the 890 and the tech going through the bike assumed it was an option on the 390 as he heard the same as me. It also looks like we lost a lowering kit for the 2020 model as well as some other accessories that were available on the 2019 that are no longer available on the 2020s. I'm wondering how much of that is covid related (aside from the chassis changes) and how much is just a decrease in options.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Uhh.. to my knowledge, in the US, 2020s are nothing more than leftover 2019s.

availability is more likely a supply/demand problem, so keep searching out there, because it was the exaCT same bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uhh.. to my knowledge, in the US, 2020s are nothing more than leftover 2019s.

availability is more likely a supply/demand problem, so keep searching out there, because it was the exaCT same bike.
I actually called KTM customer service today and they verified that the 2020 model has no lowering kit available but the 2019 does. I'm debating just buying a 2019 kit and seeing if it will work, but the dealership and some sites talk about "chassis changes", but I have yet to verify what that means. Wheelbase seems to be identical between the '19 and '20 as well so who knows.

·
Registered
262 Posts
According to KTMWorld...

Both use the same shock:

Shock absorber 93304010000

Both use the same fork:

Assembly leg left 93301001100
Assembly leg right 93301002100

But aha... apparently, they redesigned the sidestand, according to that fiche. But then, it IS mostly in German on that one fiche slide, even though posted on US site.
Summary: the magnet holder was redesigned, to be a separate piece, rather than a part of the side stand leg...
and the 'switch' shield was redesigned, driving its cost up from 2usd to 11usd.

Look at your sidestand around the pivot area and tell me if the magnet holder is a separate stamping that clasps the stand leg...
or better yet, upload us a coupla pics of all sides of your sidestand. cool?

Youre talking about a str8 duke, not an ADV, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, just a straight Duke. I'll grab some pics for you when they get delivered on Friday. Thanks so much for the investigation! If the stand is the only hold up in the kit, I know a few good welders. ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a feeling the lack of options for 2020-21 models of the D390 may be due to the D490 on the table/coming out. Probably don’t want any leftover pieces. Who knows?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the D390 is a ‘has been’ if the D490 is released. D200 and a D490 in the future?

Reactions: varroa
1 - 9 of 9 Posts