KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone registered their Duke 390 in US yet? I got my plates today and the holes do not line up. They are about 1" away from the holes in the fender.

Does anyone have any pics? Did you have to drill holes into the metal bracket (to which the red reflectors are attached) to install the plate?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer had drilled the reflector bracket.
I see. It's strange that *if that's how it is supposed to be installed*, KTM didn't pre-drill the holes for USA bound bikes.

Reactions: mejetski2000

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ditched the reflector bracket monstrosity. The thing's frickin' Day Glow orange for Pete's sake !!

Pete
So how did you mount the plate? Pics?

I am not going to be using the shitty rubbery fender extender and the bottom reflector, but without the metal reflector bracket, the plate holes won't line up with the fender holes?! :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
So how did you mount the plate? Pics?

I am not going to be using the shitty rubbery fender extender and the bottom reflector, but without the metal reflector bracket, the plate holes won't line up with the fender holes?! :confused:
It's all quite simple. Get rid of the rubber POS, remove the bracket, put it in the vice, drill the holes for license plate, cut the bracket with a hack saw carefully on each end at the 90 degree bends. Spray the fresh cut bracket with a rattle can (semi-gloss black) if you have it. Reinstall the bracket on the fender. Proceed to through the scraps and reflectors straight into the trash.:D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I still have the over-sized temp plate on, haven't tried fitting my state plate yet. I may find myself in your shoes but nothing a bit of hacking, grinding and other molestation's can't overcome. Hey, if the Wright Bros. can do it, so can we ! (hopefully for longer than 12 seconds though).

Pete (just installed "Touring Screen")

·
Registered
161 Posts
I still have the over-sized temp plate on, haven't tried fitting my state plate yet. I may find myself in your shoes but nothing a bit of hacking, grinding and other molestation's can't overcome. Hey, if the Wright Bros. can do it, so can we ! (hopefully for longer than 12 seconds though).

Pete (just installed "Touring Screen")
I also have the temp paper plate, but the dealer provided his license plate bracket with logo to support the paper. He had already drilled the holes and I did the rest. It all looks quite proper and OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.