KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from slightly over 220 miles on the Duke. **** of a ride, although most of it was into a brutal headwind. Still and all the bike managed it with aplomb. I am not much of a picture taker preferring too stay in motion as much as possible, so don't expect to see the Duke parked in pretty scenery or in front of quaint local businesses.
Almost ready for my 1st service...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I blew off yard work last weekend, did a couple of hundred miles on back country roads. Good fun !! This bike is a hoot to ride for sure, isn't it ? I think the WP suspension does just fine on our crappy roads up here, and I only have a couple of minor things to have the dealer correct when she goes in. This weekend, however, is dedicated to yard work (maybe sneak a ride in).

Have Fun !!

Pete

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but my temp plate ran out and I just re-registered my Yamaha, gotta wait until next payday to "Do the Duke".

Pete
Weird, down here our temp plates are paid for at the time of purchase (tax, title and license as it's known) so my permanent one should be showing up in the mail any day now.
Seriously very surprised by how smooth this is at freeway speeds (65-85). Granted it doesn't have a ton of pulling power above 80 but for a single I really did fear engine vibes would kill the experience at high speed.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Weird, down here our temp plates are paid for at the time of purchase (tax, title and license as it's known) so my permanent one should be showing up in the mail any day now.
Seriously very surprised by how smooth this is at freeway speeds (65-85). Granted it doesn't have a ton of pulling power above 80 but for a single I really did fear engine vibes would kill the experience at high speed.
I did one top gear roll on up to about 90mph, took some time to get there lol. I didn't buy my Duke for blistering speed but it's very entertaining and it's perfect for my needs. If it was my only bike I'd probably throw $$$ at it like a drunken sailor but my modding will be conservative.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.